Reset Cache Count

Bradinn

Hello all, My wife and I have recently decided to start the new year by getting back to Geocaching.  We have an account that dates back to 2002 with a fair few finds and it is linked to our current home location and email address.  I am wondering, does anyone know if it is possible to keep this account, but remove all of the current find logs?  We've been away from it for about 7 years and would like to start from scratch with finding caches.  However, I don't want to archive or disable this account, because I am not completely sure that it won't lock my email address and prevent me from starting a new account.   Has anyone tried this, or know if it is possible? 

Thanks,

Gord.

• Surprised 1
38 minutes ago, Bradinn said:

Hello all, My wife and I have recently decided to start the new year by getting back to Geocaching.  We have an account that dates back to 2002 with a fair few finds and it is linked to our current home location and email address.  I am wondering, does anyone know if it is possible to keep this account, but remove all of the current find logs?  We've been away from it for about 7 years and would like to start from scratch with finding caches.  However, I don't want to archive or disable this account, because I am not completely sure that it won't lock my email address and prevent me from starting a new account.   Has anyone tried this, or know if it is possible? 

Thanks,

Gord.

You can delete any of your logs. 

However if it was me I would keep them all as part of my history.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
4 hours ago, Bradinn said:

Thanks,

Gord.

It's possible, but if your plan is to continue making logs online, I'd suggest keeping the previous logs.  You made Find logs where you typed something cool, who you cached with, stuff like that.  Some caches were archived, and you can't make a Find log ever again after you delete that log.  Delete it and it's gone, don't expect to have it "un-deleted" later.

If you wish to "find" previously found caches again, you may make an online "Note" log for those.  You can always return to previous caches (while they exist) and sign the paper log books as you like.

If you're determined to delete it all, first make a record of the logs you're deleting.  You know, just in case. B)

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1

You can as stated find caches you already found. At the cache site itself sign the logs you desire. Online, you cannot re-log a find, but under Write a Note you can enter anything you desire, it would be a good place to note that you re-found the cache and enter any info you like.

The stats of your find history will not show re-found caches, but will add to your previous stats. Thinking of Project-PC and Cacherstats.com.

Welcome back.

Edited by Jayeffel
  • Helpful 2

I'm wondering why you want to delete your old finds.  If you want to be able to refind the same caches again, you can delete the logs (or change them to Notes) and then relog those finds on a case by case basis.   Or you can simply start a new account and leave the old one as it stands.  (I think you'd need a new email address.). 

• Helpful 1

My advice is to embrace your history. I have to ask myself why you don't want to keep it. Only a handful of the caches you found all those years ago are still around to be found again, so nature has already cleared the board for you. If there are caches you want to revisit, by all means do so and log them again with a Note. Hearing that you liked the cache enough to come back again all these years later will mean so much more to the CO than a random Find, anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1