Is there any GI anymore??

scothy1976

Replacing full logs, picking up trash, putting cache containers back in possible spot and notifying CO…… These are just a few actions a good cacher will follow and display as a role model in our game.

Heres another example I witnessed in “Live Action”.

My wife and I were on a trail and noticed on our return another cacher. He had just found a cache that we had previously found. After he left, I checked the cache log and read the name below ours. It was signed 2 names. Interesting. Upon returning home, I checked the logs of some of the many caches hidden on this trail. Wow! It appears to me that 2 cachers hit the trail and split up. One did half and the other did the other half and then both cachers logged them all! This is a FTF for me!!

I know there is no geocache police but I find this perplexing. If one claims a 100k finds in a lifetime, knowing they never found them all, seems like an empty milestone with little value.

Do the work! Be a geocaching leader for those around you known and unknown! 
So when it comes to GI(geocaching integrity), I hope you don’t DNF it!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Funny 3
  • Helpful 1
11 hours ago, scothy1976 said:

Replacing full logs, picking up trash, putting cache containers back in possible spot and notifying CO…… These are just a few actions a good cacher will follow and display as a role model in our game.

Heres another example I witnessed in “Live Action”...

Though we agree with most, we don't need another telling us what we need to do to have "integrity".  Thanks.  :)

• Surprised 1
  • Helpful 2

Questioning the integrity of others is judgmental. Mind your own business. Don't tell others how to live their life or play a game. Nobody is getting hurt and the people doing it are having fun so it can't be wrong because only happiness matters. It's not against the guidelines and even if it was they are only suggestions not rules.

I think that covers all the 2021 talking points. Applies to geocaching and lots of other things.

The Purists will never be satisfied with the Practicals, and the Number Hounds don't care what anyone else thinks.

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
24 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I tried so hard to get my own photo of these vehicles, but they were all behind the fence. I was tempted to do something illegal JUST to get one out on the streets for a photo. Maybe next time.

I lived down the road for a year and a half, so I had ample opportunity.

Still one of my favorite hides, not because it was especially creative or anything, but just because it tied in so nicely to my forum nerd-dom. :laughing:

(I tried to do something similar near the post office in Lackey, Virginia, but it didn't quite have the same ring to it.)

Edited by hzoi
On 11/16/2021 at 4:31 AM, scothy1976 said:

Heres another example I witnessed in “Live Action”.

My wife and I were on a trail and noticed on our return another cacher. He had just found a cache that we had previously found. After he left, I checked the cache log and read the name below ours. It was signed 2 names. Interesting. Upon returning home, I checked the logs of some of the many caches hidden on this trail. Wow! It appears to me that 2 cachers hit the trail and split up. One did half and the other did the other half and then both cachers logged them all! This is a FTF for me!!

I know there is no geocache police but I find this perplexing. If one claims a 100k finds in a lifetime, knowing they never found them all, seems like an empty milestone with little value.

Do the work! Be a geocaching leader for those around you known and unknown! 
So when it comes to GI(geocaching integrity), I hope you don’t DNF it!!!

How do you know there weren't two cachers that were indeed independent of one another that had just crossed paths at different times.. both right after you? Unless you were out on the flat plains of Oklahoma and could see for miles around there's always the possibility. But then again, it could be that team 100k+. LOL.

• Surprised 1