TEAM KFWB GPS ARRIVES IN CALIFORNIA AND NEVADA!!

canadazuuk

I posted awhile back in this forum regarding a rather large and difficult cache in British Columbia, to which a few replies were added, mostly despairing at the idea of caching for cash.

Take it or leave it, interesting or not, you now have a turn at it:

OPERATION HIGH DESERT ADVENTURE

Not likely to be the last either from what I know.

OPERATION HIGH DESERT ADVENTURE is definately something I'd want to tackle if I was nearer. I've taken part in two of the three biggest caches thus far (as many have SADLY noted), but none-the-less, each new cache has a twist, and I am eagerly awaiting the next local installment A WATCHER'S POINT OF VIEW GEOCACHE.

OPERATION HIGH DESERT ADVENTURE will surely be watched from many coordinates all over North America, maybe even the world, so get planning!!

All the best, and may it be a rewarding experience whatever the result.

canadazuuk

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

Not a radio promotion, as far as I know. But then, what do I know. When I conversed with them via e-mail, they just seemed like a group of cache hiders who were having fun.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Hay Marky, what kind of car do you have? Want to call in sick on monday and go for a drive?

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Hay Marky, what kind of car do you have? Want to call in sick on monday and go for a drive?

george

My Saturn Vue is AWD, but I don't think it is up to doing any serious off road driving. Joani says we need to get one of the new Hummers as our next cache mobile. Do they rent those for the day? icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Glad to see this cache completed and I think its a great idea.

I hope to see some future similar caches in the southwest area again. I live in Las Vegas and should have known about this cache, but I was not paying good enough attention! These types of long cache adventures are exactly what I am looking for.

Break out the truck, camping and survival gear and head out for a long weekend!

The cache has been unarchived, and is still there for those that like challenges.

My understanding of both virtual and locationless caches leads me to believe that some major revamping is required. Obviously, geocaching.com is going to grow bigger, and the moratorium on new locationless caches will likely be temporary.

I know that the 'rules' for virtual caches say that if a regular container could be left, it should be, rather than the cache being a virtual. But would that do a cache like this justice?

A whole new range of categories are close at hand is my guess. Adventure caches, extreme caches, puzzle caches etc...

Hat's off to those who are helping to push the sport further along!!!

canadazuuk