GOOD Southern Caches

Hello,

This good ol' Yankee is hopefully driving to Panama City in August and I'm looking to find out the links to some good caches in that area?

I'm even possibly looking for some caches on the way down or home that shouldn't be missed..like in VI, KY, TN etc etc...

Thanks

NOSEEUMS ---unpacked trail snacks!!!!!EEEEEEEEEEW

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

The caches on Rainbow Mountain are good. There's Girls Rockin, Broken Nose, Christmas Tree and Rainbow Mountain.

While in that area, you may as well try for Consensual Worlds, Operation Wingnut and Chew Chew Cache.

It should be a pretty simple matter to hit all of those in a couple of hours. They represent a pretty good range of hides as well.

Huntsville is one of my favorite out-of-town caching destinations, but I think all the caches I listed are actually in Madison. Practically the same though.

Rocket City Stash is one of the oldest caches in Alabama and it is well worth a visit.

Four Mile Post Extension Cache offers an impressive view of the valley west of Huntsville.

I know there are other really nice caches around Huntsville (and not too far off I-65), but I've only listed some of the favorites from caches I've found in Huntsvegas.

Driving down from MA, though, you may be on I-75 in Georgia. Hmmm... Oh well...

NB what is your planned route, and how far are you willing to get from the interstate for really good caches?

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

We have a week and don't really have a planned route maybe we will plann to hit a chche if it is soooooooooooo good.. we also would like to go caving or white water rafting for a day....I would say if it is with in 30 mins from the highway it would be fine.. plus with my listening skills and her map skills where bound to hit like say Utah off the kentucky tpk lol

NOSEEUMS--High Protein Low Calorie unpacked trail snacks!!!!

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

Hello Natureboy1326!

We made the West Knoxville TravelBug Hotel just for you! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=75932

It's on the combined stretch of I-40/I-75 and is an easy off, easy on part of the interstate jam packed with restaurants, shopping opportunities, gas stations and hotels.

Other caches nearby include Tupelo Cache-we highly recommend!-http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=71608 and Knights inn the Woods http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=26573

This section of Knoxville is loaded with great caching.

Enjoy!

Doug of the McCaughan Family

Geocaching Families of East TN

OK OK OK 4 days untill take off....Going down to florida and we are driving straight through to panama city....good 'ol 95!!!! What rest area caches in virginia, s. carloina. or n.carolina can we hit up.......???????? Then on the way home we plan to hit myrtle beach area for a day or two and maybe knoxville for a rusted root show......... So all in all we need good quick easy caches in panama city fl...myrtle beach s. carolina, and knoxvill tenn...........and i want to try to hit a rest area cache on the way down....how i'm pulling that off i don't know, the girl might find it odd if we happen to stop for a pee-break at a cache rest area!!!!!!

NOSEEUMS--High Protein Low Calorie unpacked trail snacks!!!!

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

If you stop in Knox for Rusted Root, there are a few caches that I'd recommend purely based on their close proximity to the concert location (if its Blue Cats downtown). There are quite a few caches in Knoxville and many are worth hitting - how much time you got?? icon_biggrin.gif.... There are also a travel bug hotel and a prison around the city.

A trio by the skilled Team Bert:

Micro Splash

Micro Splash 2

Micro Splash 3 - brand new today!

Very nice locations for these but I haven't personally logged them yet (sorta attempted 1, but too many geomuggles around to complete)

The Moses of Her People - was once a traditional, now a virtual

My own Trailside at Morningside - easy grab

KZoo - another virtual

A duo by Team Pinnacle, I've enjoyed other cache but haven't tried these yet (I know the park is very nice, though, from location-scouting myself):

Two a Days The General

Two a Days The Bear