Just got back from Florida

irvingdog

And had a chance to grab only one cache. I did research others but never got the oppertunity to get to them (dad had quadruple bypass surgery). My question is, where has the culture of caching gone wrong in the Ft. Lauderdale area. So many buried caches............. icon_confused.gif What's a guy to do????????

boo2.jpg

O.K. I don't know how this thread got posted 5 times. Mods, please delete 4 of them. And yes, this question is "flame bait". Perhaps it will get a dialogue going and might put an end to buried caches in this area. Sand or not, it reflects poorly on our hobby.....

boo2.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by magellin:

You were on the "other" side of the state, are you Bi....Lingual?

You must not have left the beach icon_biggrin.gif

Now if I can only find that rock I dropped into the shag carpet.

I don't quite understand this repy?!? What do you mean by the "other" side of the state?

Thought I'd bring up the original topic. The burying of caches has come up quite a few times in conversations with those in authority over different types of parks. The biggest problem we have with getting permission to place caches in National, State, County and local parks is their impression that we are going to "bury" the cache. They get this impression from a very limited exposure to the sport and from the web page once they find it. We are currently trying to get the Texas Parks and Wildlife department here to develop a positive policy toward Geocaching from a "wait and see" policy they currently have. Burying caches is considered a NEGATIVE thing by managers of parks, sorry, no other way to put it. It does not matter if you bury it in a park or not, it gives the impression that we want to bury caches, and they don't like that, period. To them, a shovel or trowel is the same as a deadly weapon..lol.

Just thought I'd drop another two cents in the pot...

Mac McKinney aka "Breaktrack" icon_biggrin.gif

"Aren't you guys ready for bed yet???"