Jump to content

How do I edit (or add) a photo description?


Recommended Posts

I have a couple of waymarks in the "not quite ready to publish" stage - I added a few photos to the gallery, worked on the description and required fields, and then decided the photos needed  info in the description (I have given them each a title, but no description).  I'm not seeing a way to add a description; am I missing it?  Or do I need to delete and re-add the photos with a description?  I'm also not seeing a way to edit/change the title.  If it has to be letter perfect when I create it, well, let's just say it will mess with my workflow, and there may be a lot of deletes and re-adds - I like to tweak, A LOT, before something is ready to go public.  There must be a way to edit the title and description, or add a descrition, once the photo is in the gallery for the waymark.  What am I missing???

 

 

Link to post
25 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

I have a couple of waymarks in the "not quite ready to publish" stage - I added a few photos to the gallery, worked on the description and required fields, and then decided the photos needed  info in the description (I have given them each a title, but no description).  I'm not seeing a way to add a description; am I missing it?  Or do I need to delete and re-add the photos with a description?  I'm also not seeing a way to edit/change the title.  If it has to be letter perfect when I create it, well, let's just say it will mess with my workflow, and there may be a lot of deletes and re-adds - I like to tweak, A LOT, before something is ready to go public.  There must be a way to edit the title and description, or add a descrition, once the photo is in the gallery for the waymark.  What am I missing???

 

 

You can't edit the photo. You can delete it then start over. 

Link to post
16 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

You can't edit the photo. You can delete it then start over. 

Seriously?!?  I can understand that if I am posting a photo for a visit to an already published waymark, but to be unable to edit a photo title and description as I am creating a new waymark seems counter-intuitive and not quite right.  :::sigh:::  Note to self: Get photos prepared, titled, and described before you even THINK about uploading!  And double and triple check the spelling in the description!!! (Typos bug me!)

Link to post
On 7/19/2020 at 9:21 AM, Max and 99 said:

It's really easy. 

Easy...as in not difficult, this is true.  Delete and redo, easy enough. But tedious.  An "Edit description" or "Edit title" button / option is far better, especially if I only need to correct a small typo or want to change the wording slightly....ah well. 

 

Two new Winery waymarks were submitted this afternoon for Napa Valley wineries we visited on Wednesday this week.  We will be going to at least one in Lodi later this week (our club pickups continue, though some are limited to a drive by, no tasting experience).  So I may be able to gather info and photos for at least one more; I just checked and Lodi wineries remain untouched by Waymarking, and only one in Livermore that I see.  So much to waymark in this one category alone!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
34 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

An "Edit description" or "Edit title" button / option is far better, especially if I only need to correct a small typo or want to change the wording slightly....ah well. 

Similar with visit logs. You can't edit those either, after the short time. The only option is to delete and re-do. 

Link to post

I, too, found this lack of edit option to be annoying. I uploaded photos in a certain order.  To change one of the earlier ones, I would then have to delete and re-add a dozen photos?  I would think a feature that helps us make a Waymark be as nice as possible would be worthwhile.

 

Sue

  • Surprised 1
Link to post
10 hours ago, r.e.s.t.seekers said:

I, too, found this lack of edit option to be annoying. I uploaded photos in a certain order.  To change one of the earlier ones, I would then have to delete and re-add a dozen photos?  I would think a feature that helps us make a Waymark be as nice as possible would be worthwhile.

 

Sue

 

We all agree.

Link to post
15 hours ago, elyob said:

 

We all agree.

 

Yes, we do. And the "Waymarking.com Features & Functions" forum is full of other bugs that we want to get rid of and features that we would love to have. But ....

Link to post
On 3/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, r.e.s.t.seekers said:

I, too, found this lack of edit option to be annoying. I uploaded photos in a certain order.  To change one of the earlier ones, I would then have to delete and re-add a dozen photos?  I would think a feature that helps us make a Waymark be as nice as possible would be worthwhile.

 

Sue

 

If you want to replace the default photo, you just have to delete it, upload the new version of it and "Set as default waymark image" and it will automatically be the first photo, but if you want to replace one of the other photos (#2 to #x), you have to delete this one and every photo behind it, to keep the same sorting. Very annoying, but after a while you either give up on persisting on a specific sorting or start the upload process, when you are 100% sure that this is what you want.

Link to post
6 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

 

If you want to replace the default photo, you just have to delete it, upload the new version of it and "Set as default waymark image" and it will automatically be the first photo, but if you want to replace one of the other photos (#2 to #x), you have to delete this one and every photo behind it, to keep the same sorting. Very annoying, but after a while you either give up on persisting on a specific sorting or start the upload process, when you are 100% sure that this is what you want.

 

One thing. As I recall, after deleting the default pic, the next in line will become the default. I haven't had to do this in awhile, but that's how I remember its happening.

If I'm correct, this would mean only deleting until the correct pic is at the top of the queue.

Keith

Link to post

Pretending that you have 6 photos and want to replace the default photo, you just have to delete it, upload a new version of it and "Set as default waymark image" and everything will be fine. Even if #2 becomes the default photo after deleting #1, you can still upload the new default photo (#7) and by making this the default photo it will be displayed as #1. But if you decide that photo #3 should be the default photo, #7 will again be the last on the list.

 

If you want to replace photo #4 instead, you have to delete 4, 5 and 6 and upload the new 4, and then 5 and 6 to keep the current sorting order. So, it seems as if they are sorted chronologically by the time of their upload, but the one selected to be the default photo is always #1, but keeps it's position in the sorting order in case it is not the default photo anymore. Difficult to explain in a foreign language. B)

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...