Adventure Lab feedback

Xira

I did my second adventure lab yesterday. I want to provide some feedback. This seems to be the best forum. 

a) As we get to each location, some text is displayed. There is no question in it. But clearly I need to do something. It turns out the tapping 'answer' is the right thing to do. Somehow, that doesn't feel right. I'm not sure what it should say but something that is more suggestive of that being the next thing to tap would be helpful. As we get more experienced with these, it will become a non-issue, but for someone starting out, it is not intuitive.

b) There was a bonus cache associated with the adventure lab. When we got through the five stages in the lab, there was no information about where to find the cache. After some tapping here and there, we eventually found it in the journal, in the fifth entry of the journal. Again, this will probably become familiar, but for someone new, it was a frustrating experience.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Xira said:

I did my second adventure lab yesterday. I want to provide some feedback. This seems to be the best forum. 

a) As we get to each location, some text is displayed. There is no question in it. But clearly I need to do something. It turns out the tapping 'answer' is the right thing to do. Somehow, that doesn't feel right. I'm not sure what it should say but something that is more suggestive of that being the next thing to tap would be helpful. As we get more experienced with these, it will become a non-issue, but for someone starting out, it is not intuitive.

b) There was a bonus cache associated with the adventure lab. When we got through the five stages in the lab, there was no information about where to find the cache. After some tapping here and there, we eventually found it in the journal, in the fifth entry of the journal. Again, this will probably become familiar, but for someone new, it was a frustrating experience.

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/356880-general-adventure-lab-feedback/

4 hours ago, Xira said:

I've done a few labs, and I don't recall having difficulty figuring out what to do - I think the text changed from Get Closer (or something similar) to Answer once we got the vibration notification that we were within range.  It says Answer with a ? I believe - it seemed (to me) the obvious place to click and see what it said.  :::shrug:::  Maybe it was an issue the very first time but not enough that I remember it - and it is the same on every one so now that you have it figured out, it IS a non-issue.

4 hours ago, Xira said:

Was the bonus cache published separately on geocaching.com?  Typically, that's how I have seen it done in my area - the bonus cache is published as an announcement that the Adventure Lab is live.  How did you know there was a bonus cache?  I have seen discussions here in the forums about the best way to incorporate a bonus cache or linked cache and the adventure lab; I'm not sure if any conclusions were reached!

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback - I'm working on putting together my adventure lab now, and hearing your experience is helpful when "leading" people through the adventure and making it as intuitive and non-frustrating as I can!