Challenge cache type

beny258

3 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

It's nice to see that we're able to filter by attributes now on the search page.  However, when I rollover each of the attributes I see the name of the attribute in German, except for the four new attributes.

heh, yeah iirc language localization bugs have been noticed and mentioned in the release thread, or one of the few update threads.

8 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

It's nice to see that we're able to filter by attributes now on the search page.  However, when I rollover each of the attributes I see the name of the attribute in German, except for the four new attributes.

The labels seem to be correct now.  It looks like were only able to filter using "positive attributes".   We can filter on the "Available in Winter" attribute but not "Not Available in Winter".    

16 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

The labels seem to be correct now.  It looks like were only able to filter using "positive attributes".   We can filter on the "Available in Winter" attribute but not "Not Available in Winter".    

Or to be more on topic, we can filter on "Challenge Cache" but not on 'not a Challenge Cache' (filtering out CC's).

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
7 hours ago, The Jester said:

Or to be more on topic, we can filter on "Challenge Cache" but not on 'not a Challenge Cache' (filtering out CC's).

I'm hoping this gets rectified in some manner because you get all challenge caches (via the filter) or you get all caches with challenge caches still included.  Not sure how this attribute really addresses those that want to avoid challenge caches.  It helps a portion of the community (smaller) but still doesn't help another portion of the community (larger).

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, coachstahly said:

I'm hoping this gets rectified in some manner because you get all challenge caches (via the filter) or you get all caches with challenge caches still included.  Not sure how this attribute really addresses those that want to avoid challenge caches.  It helps a portion of the community (smaller) but still doesn't help another portion of the community (larger).

You're right. There should be an option to filter not only caches that has the attribute but also caches that doesn't have the attribute... It will make quite a mess due to negative attributes (there's difference between "doesn't have attribute 'UV light required'" and "has attribute 'UV light NOT required'").