Userscript to hide archived caches

For all cache owners out there, this could be useful to you. I've made a userscript that makes it easy to hide archived caches on the Owned Caches page.

The script adds a button on top, and changes the header so that it mentions the number of active caches.

screenshot-1.thumb.PNG.ec866c1607d00077eeaa550e72e2fedd.PNG

After pressing the button:

screenshot-2.thumb.PNG.381f39d282394bc28c76857bf0846453.PNG

Link to the userscript: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/404233-toggle-archived-geocaches

Feedback and/or feature requests are welcome!

Just to clarify: by default, all caches are shown. The script just adds a button with which you can hide/reshow archived caches.

For users with a lot of placed caches (like myself), it's handy to be able to temporarily ignore archived caches.

• Upvote 1

Browser ??

Thanks for writing and offering a script. An oft requested feature for sure.

You can get a list of owned caches without archived from a Pocket Query That (And) I own.

The Search page for owned caches will return archived  unless you ask for owned, Enabled.  That search won't return Active/Temp Disabled. 

Edited by Isonzo Karst
7 hours ago, Vooruit! said:

The script works in every browser that supports extensions. You will of course need a userscript manager such as GreaseMonkey, TamperMonkey or ViolentMonkey.

Why do they all have "monkey" in the name?  Is it because you are monkeying around with the browser??

17 minutes ago, The Jester said:

Why do they all have "monkey" in the name?  Is it because you are monkeying around with the browser??

The phrase "grease monkey" is a slang term for a car mechanic. I tend to think of a grease monkey as more of a backyard hobbiest, rather than a professional, but I don't know if that connotation is widespread.

The Greasemonkey browser extension got it's name from the slang term. The others are piggybacking on the Greasemonkey name by creating different "something monkey" names.

• Helpful 1
13 hours ago, niraD said:

The phrase "grease monkey" is a slang term for a car mechanic. I tend to think of a grease monkey as more of a backyard hobbiest, rather than a professional, but I don't know if that connotation is widespread.

The Greasemonkey browser extension got it's name from the slang term. The others are piggybacking on the Greasemonkey name by creating different "something monkey" names.

Interesting.  Thanks.

23 hours ago, Vooruit! said:

The script works in every browser that supports extensions. You will of course need a userscript manager such as GreaseMonkey, TamperMonkey or ViolentMonkey.

FWIW it does neither work for me in Vivaldi nor in Firefox (both using Tampermonkey).

But I would only have use for this script if it can be modified to be applicable on other profiles.

Edited by Hynz