Switch Adventure Lab App to Metric

BWJM

I am in Canada.  My Geocaching app is set to use metric.  My Geocaching preferences are set to use metric.  The Adventure Labs app uses imperial.  There appears to be no configurable setting in the app to change this.

How do I make the Adventure Lab app use metric???

EDIT: I was able to switch back to metric by changing my phone's language from "English (United States)" to "English (Canada)".  It seems to me to be an absurd way to determine which units to use.  Please provide a simple toggle option in the app: Metric or Imperial.

Edited by BWJM
Updated with resolution, adding feature request.
  • Upvote 2
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
1 hour ago, BWJM said:

absurd

No kidding.

I've found over the years, selecting "English (Canada)" in various software just leads to grief, with sloppily-written US-based software that isn't tested properly for international.  I rarely see any benefit from selecting my own dialect (eh!), just headaches.  So, default "English (US)" by conscious choice it is - nationalism be [darned] - but I still like metric.

So yeah, that don't work.

Edited by Viajero Perdido
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, BWJM said:

I am in Canada.  My Geocaching app is set to use metric.  My Geocaching preferences are set to use metric.  The Adventure Labs app uses imperial.  There appears to be no configurable setting in the app to change this.

How do I make the Adventure Lab app use metric???

EDIT: I was able to switch back to metric by changing my phone's language from "English (United States)" to "English (Canada)".  It seems to me to be an absurd way to determine which units to use.  Please provide a simple toggle option in the app: Metric or Imperial.

I fought with the same issue with one of our phones reading metric. It was keyboard language was set to (English Netherlands). I'm in the United States. Don't ask how that option was set. Both were on the list . Seems like this app is the only app on that phone that it affected.  All is good now. Happy Caching.