Edinburgh Traditional Caches

I'm here on my honeymoon, and wanted to drop off a trackable somewhere in Edinburgh! But, there are a strangely small amount around here - traditional caches. Does anyone know why there aren't more? Could/Should I set one up somewhere? I'd prefer to find a reliable TB hotel, or small cache to leave it in, but if I have to make it...can I? Are the rules in Edinburgh tight on caches?

3 minutes ago, myprettycabinet said:

I'm here on my honeymoon, and wanted to drop off a trackable somewhere in Edinburgh! But, there are a strangely small amount around here - traditional caches. Does anyone know why there aren't more? Could/Should I set one up somewhere? I'd prefer to find a reliable TB hotel, or small cache to leave it in, but if I have to make it...can I? Are the rules in Edinburgh tight on caches?

Congratulations on your marriage!

Vacation geocaches

Are you on vacation? How will you maintain the cache when your honeymoon is over?

P.S. This is a family-friendly site, so consider editing your profile.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1

Caches available for tourists staying in the city are mostly micros. My experience there was that many of those listed as small are micros. When I was last there I found two caches just large enough to take trackables. One has since been archived and the other is currently disabled.

GC25XQP

As others suggested you may have to move out of the city to find something of reasonable size. Good luck.

Edited by colleda