Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
TexasGreg

How to create a route for multiple lab caches

Recommended Posts

We have several trips planned where there are multiple lab caches in a given area.  Rather than make redundant trips across the city to log all the finds, is there an app or process to combine the Lab cache coordinates so you can map an efficient route to cover the areas one time and get all of the Lab caches?  We did the GeoWoodstock 17 runs in Ft. Worth last year and it required entering and reentering several busy sections of town as we completed one Lab series and moved to the next one.  Would really appreciate someone's help in looking at options to streamline this process.  Would rather spend my time finding and logging Lab caches than running around the city, revisiting the same areas over and over . . . . .

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, TexasGreg said:

We have several trips planned where there are multiple lab caches in a given area.  Rather than make redundant trips across the city to log all the finds, is there an app or process to combine the Lab cache coordinates so you can map an efficient route to cover the areas one time and get all of the Lab caches?  We did the GeoWoodstock 17 runs in Ft. Worth last year and it required entering and reentering several busy sections of town as we completed one Lab series and moved to the next one.  Would really appreciate someone's help in looking at options to streamline this process.  Would rather spend my time finding and logging Lab caches than running around the city, revisiting the same areas over and over . . . . .

What a great question!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The 'planner' of our group gets the coords of each stop in the Adventures and puts them as waypoints into a gpx file. That will allow the navigator of the crew to follow those waypoints to each of the various Adventure stops and caches on our list for the day. The note on the waypoint tells us which Adventure this one fills.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, K13 said:

The 'planner' of our group gets the coords of each stop in the Adventures and puts them as waypoints into a gpx file. That will allow the navigator of the crew to follow those waypoints to each of the various Adventure stops and caches on our list for the day. The note on the waypoint tells us which Adventure this one fills.

 

Can the co-ordinates be found within the adventure lab app or does your expert use her own method?

Edited by elyob

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, elyob said:

 

Can the co-ordinates be found within the adventure lab app or does your expert use his own method?

I'm pretty sure he gets them from the Adventure App.

Share this post


Link to post

I moved this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

×
×
  • Create New...