Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
bliss-chris

visible scale in map

These days I was out in mountains hiking and -of course- geocaching. The area was quite empty of anything, so I had to zoom out a lot to find a cache or a village or anything. But looking at the map in the app I found most interesting that there was no visible scale. Just by looking at the map I had no way of telling how much of the countryside I was looking at and therefore about the distances I was looking at. Clicking on a cache showed me the distance to it, okay, but wouldn't it be nice to have a small scale in the corner like you basically have in any map you look at?

I'm using the latest official geocaching app and I attached a random screenshot.

Screenshot_20190920-143105.png

Edited by bliss-chris
Information and screenshot added.
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1

While we're tinkering with the map view on the app, it would be nice if it could zoom in more.  I am spoiled by my GPSr's ability to zoom in within a few feet, can't zoom in too closely with the app.

1 hour ago, hzoi said:

While we're tinkering with the map view on the app, it would be nice if it could zoom in more.  I am spoiled by my GPSr's ability to zoom in within a few feet, can't zoom in too closely with the app.

Hi hzoi,

this would be a different feature. You might want to think about writing a new thread for this, so it can be discussed there.

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, bliss-chris said:

this would be a different feature. You might want to think about writing a new thread for this, so it can be discussed there.

After twelve years of posting, I am familiar with how the forums work, but thank you for your feedback.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hzoi said:

After twelve years of posting, I am familiar with how the forums work, but thank you for your feedback.

Yeah that we will never got a response from Groundspeak....

I would like a scale too but it was already proposed ages ago so it seems too complicated to implement.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

Yeah that we will never got a response from Groundspeak....

I would like a scale too but it was already proposed ages ago so it seems too complicated to implement.

Actually, it's very easy to implement. Geooh GO has one.

18 minutes ago, SpiritGuide said:
6 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

Actually, it's very easy to implement. Geooh GO has one.

There are a number of features that have been present in all the API partner apps that I've used, but which are not present in Groundspeak's app.

• Helpful 1