Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Addam09221992

Geocaching in South Alabama

I have been Geocaching  for about a month and was wanting to connect with people in my area. If your Geocaching  in the South Alabama, the Alabama Gulf Coast or The Florida panhandle and are struggling to find your caches or You have questions about Geocaching / Interesting Geocaching Expiriences, please post in this forum.

I moved this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:55 PM, Addam09221992 said:

I have been Geocaching  for about a month and was wanting to connect with people in my area. If your Geocaching  in the South Alabama, the Alabama Gulf Coast or The Florida panhandle and are struggling to find your caches or You have questions about Geocaching / Interesting Geocaching Expiriences, please post in this forum.

Hi, so glad to hear you've started geocaching and want to connect with others in the area - good on you!

Quick question for clarification:  Where-abouts are you drawing that North/South line?  Dothan? Ozark? Troy? Montgomery? (Stop me when I'm getting warm. ;) )

Posted (edited)

I'm in central Alabama (Tuscaloosa), but am heading down to LA this weekend (08/15) to visit family. One other thing I plan to do is attend a local geocaching event that night in Fairhope.

August 15th is International Geocaching Day, and there are events celebrating it. Check out:

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC8B85B_fairhopes-tx-ar-al-international-geocaching-day

If you attend, you'll probably meet a lot of the locals.

Maybe see you there.

Edited to add: I just now saw that you've already posted a "Will Attend" log. :)

Edited by Earl B. Fisk
to add detail
  • Helpful 1

On 8/11/2019 at 7:33 PM, VAVAPAM said:

Hi, so glad to hear you've started geocaching and want to connect with others in the area - good on you!

Quick question for clarification:  Where-abouts are you drawing that North/South line?  Dothan? Ozark? Troy? Montgomery? (Stop me when I'm getting warm. ;) )

South Alabama is anywhere from Baldwin county to Mobile counties 

14 hours ago, Addam09221992 said:

South Alabama is anywhere from Baldwin county to Mobile counties 

OK. I usually stick around the southEASTern side (Dale County) when visiting the homestead, but if I wander westward, I'll give a shout here, on this thread.

Happy hunting! :grin: