Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
little-leggs

photo's in ( Personal Cache Note )

Recommended Posts

okay I have attempted to ask this question ( searched this section ) but failed to find anything 

 

so here my thought / suggestion which I for one would like to see adopted and the web page updated to enable the idea ......

so please think like I am , and think would I like this , would I use the function if it was available .

okay 

Personal Cache Note  

 

I would like to be able to upload photo's to this function on the page , photo's for just me to see , and not for others , 

 

for use when I've say set a multi , a photo of the item I used to collect the numbers from ?

 

Share this post


Link to post

If it is available for the cache owner only, I'm with you on this.

It would be a storage nightmare if everyone could do it on every cache listing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, K13 said:

If it is available for the cache owner only, I'm with you on this.

It would be a storage nightmare if everyone could do it on every cache listing.

 

Yes - Sorry 
this is for the C.O only ......
some where to save , all your notes re - your cache , could be a photo of the cache container , so you can forward it after receiving a DNF ( so you can show none finders what they were looking for ) 
photos of items which you've used to build a multi , plaques on seats , grave stones ( for when cacher's say I made the number for (A) = 3 but in fact it needs to be (A) + 7 ? see photo ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I completely understand the reasoning for wanting that as a CO. 

 

Frankly, I wouldn't use it ... mainly because when I start building a cache I create a folder on my computer with the cache name, and all my notes, photos, etc. go in there.  I prefer to keep it local, rather than having to access the internet, thus the cache page, in order to work on it.  When it's ready, or I need to do tweaking, it's quite easy for me to cut and paste. 

 

On the other hand, I do most of my GC.com access from a desktop, so don't know if your idea gives added benefit for working strictly from a phone, for example.

 

If you don't have a PC, I wonder if creating a Dropbox [or whatever cloud storage] folder similarly would fulfill that need you describe?

Edited by VAVAPAM
just a thought

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/22/2019 at 2:48 PM, little-leggs said:

 

Yes - Sorry 
this is for the C.O only ......
some where to save , all your notes re - your cache , could be a photo of the cache container , so you can forward it after receiving a DNF ( so you can show none finders what they were looking for ) 
photos of items which you've used to build a multi , plaques on seats , grave stones ( for when cacher's say I made the number for (A) = 3 but in fact it needs to be (A) + 7 ? see photo ) 

You could do this with dropbox/amazon/any cloud service links. Keep the links in the notes on your cache then forward the link to a geocacher if you wanted. I've been sent dropbox links from COs before after a dnf and it worked well for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Crazedllama said:

You could do this with dropbox/amazon/any cloud service links

 Crazedllama
I like that , but I'm not the best with  technology  , and why do we have to keep using third party web sites , why not keep it all in house

just a thought

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

×
×
  • Create New...