How upload a photo to Computer From Iphone

msbirdie

20 minutes ago, msbirdie said:

What are the steps to putting pictures for a virtual on to laptop, geocaching.com from Iphone

I open up my camera app on my phone, go to All Photos (lower left hand corner), select the photo I want to email, and select the square box with the up arrow in the lower left hand corner.   Several options appear to email, message, post to social media etc.   Pretty self explanatory beyond that.

• Helpful 1
3 hours ago, Touchstone said:

I open up my camera app on my phone, go to All Photos (lower left hand corner), select the photo I want to email, and select the square box with the up arrow in the lower left hand corner.   Several options appear to email, message, post to social media etc.   Pretty self explanatory beyond that.

Yep. That sounds pretty much the same as what I do on Android. There are also ways to transfer photos via a USB cable, but it has been ages since I've bothered with that.

4 hours ago, msbirdie said:

What are the steps to putting pictures for a virtual on to laptop, geocaching.com from Iphone

For USB, depending on what's set up on the laptop, plug in the iPhone and it may show the internal memory that it's allowed to show. 

Open that and you see "DCIM", the photo folders.  Move them to the desktop or a folder.

You will probably have to resize the photo, or the upload will stall.  I ensmallen my Geocaching images to 800x600 with the free version of "Fotosizer" for Windows.  But I also occasionally email one or two photos to myself, because the iPhone will offer to make them smaller.  There are also Apps that will shrink photos and save them. I have one camera App that I can set to take smaller pictures, to save a couple of steps.  Then I can upload from the phone.

Place resized photos in their own folder on a PC and they're all in one place, easy to find, and easy delete later.

Most log options on Geocaching.com allow you to Drop Photos or Select Photos.  Submit them from the web site.

Edited by kunarion

You do know you can add photos right to your log using the official geocaching app.  If you've already posted your found it log you can go back in the app and create another Write Note log and add the pictures using the little camera icon within the screen where you would record your message.  Not my preferred method as I like to have everything within one log.  If you are recording a new found it log on the app, just add them with the photo icon.

Using an iphone and Cachly is even easier.  If you have already recorded your found it log, go the the Logs section ( the button in the middle at the bottom of the app) and find the log for the cache in question.  Using the hamburger menu to the right of the cache name, choose the add images function and choose a photo from your library or take a new one.  It's that easy!  The official app does not allow you to edit your logs once posted but Cachly does (cause it's awesome).  

If you want to do it the "hard" way, choose a photo from your photo library and send it via e-mail to yourself.  Then save the photo to your pc and remember where you put it.  Go to the cache in question choose "Upload Image" located at the bottom right of your posted found it log. ( this only applies if you have already posted your log). This will open a new window to chose the location where the file is stored.  Navigate to the photo location and click open.  This will load the photo to the website.  I personally like to record the GC number along with my commentary in case anyone is interested where the photo was taken.  Doubtful, but it's a good reference for me.

If you are creating a new log on the site and not through the app, all you need to do is drag the photo from the stored location on your pc directly into the section that says "Drop photos here". It is super simple to do that way and will post directly with your log once you hit the Post button.

Many ways to do it, you just need to find the one that works best and is easiest for you.  Good luck and hope you'll keep us posted whether you found success or not.

Of course it's much easier if you have an iPhone and an iMac. Connect your iPhone to the confuter. Of course th phone shouldn't be locked. Open up the Photos program. Photos will ask if you want to download any unsaved photos to your computer. Then put them in your logs.

Edited by Wacka