Geocaching Article in local paper

cachercarry

Just a note to all interested. There was an article printed in our local (Jackson, MS) paper about geocaching. Archiedh & Supersquid are "Stars". icon_cool.gif I was the finder in the article, The cache was a fun find and I'm glad I didn't step on my crank while finding it. Here's the link:

http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0301/29/o01.html

Cachercarry

(Lane Smith)

Be verry verry quiet we're hunting caches

Hi,

I'm a new member of this site who found it thanks to the C-L article. I spend a good deal of time online and the features available on this website are awesome for a "free" site. I'm looking forward to caching but it may be a while to I can scrounge together enough cash to buy a GPS unit.

I was fascinated to see a cache listed very close to my home (the cache is a multi-cache on Lake Washington). I also visited the Degree Confluence website (I actually found that a year ago but didn't keep up with it due to my lack of a GPS unit) and found that there is a Confluence approximately 5 miles from my house.

I also love the benchmarking (looking forward to finding my first benchmark on the steps of the Gym at the middle school where I work when I get to work in the morning) section of this site. My wife and I scoured over the listed benchmarks and even the 'not found' ones (and we know why most weren't found, hehe).

I think I've rambled enough for a newbie - I just wanted to say that the article has introduced at least one more (and I'd wager many more than that) to the world of geocaching.

SouthDeltan

(Jody Perkins)

Rolling Fork, MS

quote:
Originally posted by drat19:

Yeah, but I noticed that they included Leatherneck's handle in the article, but referred to Archie and the Squid by their real names. Whassup with DAT?

-Dave R. in Biloxi

Dear Dave,

Not to worry. People have found me as well as found Leatherneck. icon_eek.gif