unarchiving a cache

Jayeffel

I have sent an email to the local reviewer about this. I had adopted a cache a few years ago and kept it going. Then last fall I believe I heard from v various sources the are was to d be developed, with a prison in the plans also, So I archived that cache. Now it looks like what was accomplished was not as large as I thought. The area is still, the same. If h there is no more development I mum might seek to unarchive this cache, using the same container, same cache site. same number, etc. Is this allowable and doable?

It may not be as large an area taken up as thought, but would the change still allow permission for placement ?

Whenever we had notice an area was going to be under repair or changing,  we Temporary Disabled caches.

Archiving is meant to be permanent.

When temporary disabling hides, regular notes on the cache page helps the Reviewer see you are keeping track.     :)

Agree with Wet Pancake Touring Club, your Reviewer would know better than any of us.  

4 hours ago, Crow-T-Robot said:

It's doable but if it were me and it was an area worth bringing people to, I'd just submit as a new cache. It sounds like the only thing that would change about the cache is the GC # and unless you have a sentimental reason to try to keep that, a new listing would make more sense. 

This is a very good reason not to make a new cache if the new GC-code is only change in the setup.

I am the OP's local reviewer, and the answer is, "it depends."  I would make the determination after studying the cache page, and I don't know the GC Code.  Factors include, without limitation:

• How long has it been since the cache was archived?  (The shorter the better)
  • How old was the cache and is its history worthy of reviving?
  • Does the cache and its location meet current guidelines?  (new land manager policy, someone else hid a cache 400 feet away, someone built a prison nearby, etc.)

Pro tip: When writing to the reviewer with a question about a specific cache, always include the cache's name and GC Code.  Bonus:  include a direct link to the cache page, to make it even easier for the reviewer to go right to your cache page to study it, instead of searching for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2