Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
IceColdUK

Can't sign into Wherigo.com

Hope this is the correct forum for issues with Wherigo.com...

Following the link from a cache page to the Wherigo page intermittently throws a 'Service Unavailable' error (HTTP Error 503).

When the Wherigo page is displayed, trying to Sign In gives:

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. Please return to this site's home page to continue.

As is generally the way, error reported after nth attempt ... (n+1)th attempt successful. 🙂

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Harry Dolphin said:

But, why would you want to???

Is that rhetorical?  (Unless I'm missing a trick, you have to sign in to download a cartridge.)

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

11 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

But, why would you want to???

Going to the cache's related Wherigo page is what starts the cartridge download, at least on my phone.  Then WhereYouGo loads it.  No cartridge, no Wherigo.

• Helpful 1

8 hours ago, hzoi said:

Going to the cache's related Wherigo page is what starts the cartridge download, at least on my phone.  Then WhereYouGo loads it.  No cartridge, no Wherigo.

Not all apps require you to go to the Wherigo web page just to download a cartridge.

9 hours ago, hzoi said:

I thought the same way until I found a place for "Login credentials" from WhereYouGo settings. After setting the correct credentials the game starts directly from the link without any intermediate steps.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:01 PM, arisoft said:
On 3/15/2019 at 1:26 PM, hzoi said:

I thought the same way until I found a place for "Login credentials" from WhereYouGo settings. After setting the correct credentials the game starts directly from the link without any intermediate steps.

Still needs Wherigo.com to work, though, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, hzoi said:

Still needs Wherigo.com to work, though, doesn't it?

Is this some kind of trick question? 😀

Just tried to be sure. No problems to start cardridge directly with WhereYouGo. No need to open Wherigo.com website.

2 hours ago, arisoft said:

Just tried to be sure. No problems to start cardridge directly with WhereYouGo. No need to open Wherigo.com website.

...if you're using a mobile app, of course. However, if you're using a GPSr, then you'd need to log in to the website to download the file.