Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
CachedIronSkillet

Event Calendar Page Filter

The Calendar is a pain to use, and it would only take a few css classes and a little JavaScript to provide a much better user experience.   

A filter...   allowing the user to select a single location and only see the lists for that location on both tables.

1) In both tables wrap the locations in a span with two css classes: location and the country/state code.

2) Add a dropdown at the top of the page that is filled using javascript that scans the DOM for location spans and adds each unique span content to the dropdown, with the corresponding country/state code as the css class on each row.  Include a blank row at the top of the dropdown as the default.

3) Add javascript to the dropdown to hide all location spans except for the corresponding country/state code spans unless the blank option is selected...

Edited by CachedIronSkillet
added info
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CachedIronSkillet said:

The Calendar is a pain to use, and it would only take a few css classes and a little JavaScript to provide a much better user experience.   

I'm not seeing a Calendar link on my page. Can you tell me where to find it?

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm not seeing a Calendar link on my page. Can you tell me where to find it?

Thanks.

You can also navigate to it from  Community -> Events  in the top header.

40 minutes ago, CachedIronSkillet said:

https://www.geocaching.com/calendar/  aka the events page.

2 minutes ago, noncentric said:

You can also navigate to it from  Community -> Events  in the top header.

Oh!! I saw that recently for the first time. Thanks!

Hum it was the first time I saw that page. Is it with the old website you can access it?

But good luck to have it fixed they still haven't figured out how to fix the one in the dashboard.

5 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

Hum it was the first time I saw that page. Is it with the old website you can access it?

The  /calendar  page can be accessed from the 'old' and 'current' website.  It's in the "Community" menu in the  Play / Community / Shop header at the top of most pages throughout the website.  Access to that page hasn't changed with the re-designed pages.

Edited by noncentric
ot