How do I log a new hide?

dacdeihl

You mean create a new cache page for publication on Geocaching.com - go to Play - it's on the top navigation bar on the site, from the Play pull down menu, click on Hide a Geocache

https://www.geocaching.com/play/hide

Good luck!

Common first timer issue is taking coords in some format other than the site standard, which is Degrees, Minutes, Decimal Minutes. If your coords are NOT of that type, be sure to read the learn about coordinate formats pull down that's on that page. 

Edited by Isonzo Karst
3 minutes ago, jorpanan said:

How long does it normally take to get a response once you have submitted a new cache? I did one Sunday morning and still have not received a reply. 

The response time can be anywhere from 1 minute to 3 weeks! 2 days wait is nothing. I'll venture that 3-5 days is the norm. 

3 minutes ago, jorpanan said:

How long does it normally take to get a response once you have submitted a new cache? I did one Sunday morning and still have not received a reply. 

It can take a few days, especially if there are permission issues the reviewer needs to check on. Make sure you submitted the cache for review and then be patient and check your email for any questions from the reviewer. :) I wouldn't start to worry until at least a week out.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:57 AM, dacdeihl said:

I've been trying to log a new cache my daughter and I wanted to hide. I have hid it and now I need to create the cache on the site so people know it's there. Do I need a premium account to do this? I can't seem to find where I do this. Help!

You will need a Geocaching account to place a cache, not just an account here in the Forum.

I get this when I click on your name:

Error 404: DNF

We didn't find the page you were looking for. Sorry about that! Visit the Help Center or follow Geocaching on Twitter to see any available outage information.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:57 AM, dacdeihl said:

I've been trying to log a new cache my daughter and I wanted to hide. I have hid it and now I need to create the cache on the site so people know it's there. Do I need a premium account to do this? I can't seem to find where I do this. Help!

Have you found any geocaches? 

11 hours ago, K13 said:

You will need a Geocaching account to place a cache, not just an account here in the Forum.

I get this when I click on your name:

I didn't think it was possible to create an account on the forums without creating on on the GS site.  Although they're different sites I thought that they shared user account information.  To answer the specific question, no, you do not need to be a premium member to hide a cache and submit a cache page for review.  It is, however, recommended that one gain a bit of experience with the game by finding a few geocaches before doing so . 

On 8/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, Max and 99 said:

The response time can be anywhere from 1 minute to 3 weeks! 2 days wait is nothing. I'll venture that 3-5 days is the norm. 

Yeah...I've discovered that we here in Georgia are pretty spoiled.  I've never once had to wait more than a single day for a cache to publish once it's all in order and submitted.  Usually it within 4 to 6 hours.