Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Harry Dolphin

New Mystery Cache

Recommended Posts

I tried to create a new mystery cache to replace one that was no longer solvable, and was muggled.  I spent quite a bit of time entering coordinates and information.  Hit the "Continue' button, and nothing happened!  Definitely a different set of screens since the last time I hid a mystery cache.  I'm sure all that info was lost.  I have no idea how to continue.  Oh, well.  That was a lot of fun!

Share this post


Link to post

I did not like it one bit when the new create geocache pages were introduced! I always run into problems with the visibility button. I just click it, hit continue, then edit it later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I did not like it one bit when the new create geocache pages were introduced! I always run into problems with the visibility button. I just click it, hit continue, then edit it later.

 

 

If something is wrong, it should tell me what is wrong.  Instead of refusing to  continue.  Very bad programming!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am used to create traditional cache and later edit it to mystery type to skip over possible problems. I started this procedure once I did not manage to open a new mystery cache.

Edited by arisoft

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

Hit the "Continue' button, and nothing happened

 

Maybe the system wants you to rethink your decision of creating a Mystery Cache, perhaps a Multi or Tradi would be more appropriate.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, arisoft said:

I am used to create traditional cache and later edit it to mystery type to skip over possible problems. I started this procedure once I did not managed to open a new mystery cache.

That's another option I've used.

Share this post


Link to post

@Harry Dolphin 

The coords page for Mystery caches is poorly explained. (I was involved in testing it back when, and like the dev who wrote it, understood the flow - only after it went live did it become apparent that it's way less than intuitive. There should be a pop up or something to clarify.

 

First, as requested, give it the Final coords  -  by default, given that at that moment, there's only one set of coords, it's going to be visible.  The tendency is to want to finish up that stage before doing anything else, but that won't work. 

 

So,  above the Final Coords click + Add a Stage.  This would be your "bogus" coords, most likely.  Visible, virtual.

Once you've done that, you can hide the Final, and continue.   

 

 

 

Sprite #13.jpg

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

First, as requested, give it the Final coords  -  by default, given that at that moment, there's only one set of coords, it's going to be visible.  The tendency is to want to finish up that stage before doing anything else, but that won't work. 

 

This leads to mystery caches with visible final coordinates. You may have seen some of them recently.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, arisoft said:

This leads to mystery caches with visible final coordinates. You may have seen some of them recently.

Interesting. I did find a Multi a week ago that had visible final coordinates in the listing. I originally thought it was intentional (but still odd), but now I wonder if it was due to confusion with the submission form. The first time I tried to submit a Mystery with the new form, I was thoroughly confused for a while, and I'm pretty experienced with this site. It's understandable that a new cacher would struggle mightily and could easily make a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×