Finicky Database

Anyone notice that when you enter a GC code for a cache you get greeted with an error message stating that the file does not exist.   cache in question was **(GCM4AZD)**

Was seeking a cache that I had completed 2.75 years ago and got that message.  

Crawling into my public profile > traditional caches > I scrolled back until November, 2015 and located the cache in question.

Noticed this error massage a few weeks ago on an active cache ... anyone have insights to share with "the old guy"

6 minutes ago, humboldt flier said:

Anyone notice that when you enter a GC code for a cache you get greeted with an error message stating that the file does not exist.   cache in question was **(GCM4AZD)**

Crawling into my public profile > traditional caches > I scrolled back until November, 2015 and located the cache in question.

Noticed this error massage a few weeks ago on an active cache ... anyone have insights to share with "the old guy"

I get

GCM4AZD is not a valid GC code. Please check the code and try again.

But I'm not getting that message on any other GC code. Are you sure that is correct?

19 minutes ago, humboldt flier said:

GCMxxxx is way beyond any GC codes assigned so far. Maybe a typo for GC4MAZD? At least you found that cache in 2015.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, humboldt flier said:

Ohhhhh.... I think you reversed the M and 4. Hot crabs.  Like baer2006 said.

Edited by Max and 99
5 minutes ago, humboldt flier said:

Thanx" Max and 99"  exactly what I did.  

Hmmmmm might be time to stop umpiring and refereeing

Many Thanks

After I discovered it I realized baer suggested it first. :)

Just fyi, my original response was going to be this, until I found the cache you were referencing:

I didn't realize until a couple of years ago that Visit Logs have GC codes, and I had typed in what I thought was the GC code, but in fact it was the Log code. Fooled me!