What to do re missing TB in a cache I DNF?

EmzyJanezy

A confusing question - too hard to explain in the title lol.

One of the caches I looked for (and didn't find) today supposedly contained a TB of a toy car.  However, I knew it wouldn't be there because cache logs said there was no TB in the cache and also said there was no way that TB would have ever fitted into the cache anyway (it was a small tube, going by the photos).

My question is, should I make any kind of note on the TB log to this effect?  Because nobody has so far, they have only mentioned it on the cache log.  Even though I didn't actually find the cache.  Or should I just leave it because I didn't find the cache so can't actually 100% say its not inside and so its all sort of none of my business?  Although I would hate to be the TB owner waiting for the TB to move on, oblivious to the fact it may be gone.

Just wondered what might be best to do?

Edited by EmzyJanezy
48 minutes ago, EmzyJanezy said:

A confusing question - too hard to explain in the title lol.

One of the caches I looked for (and didn't find) today supposedly contained a TB of a toy car.  However, I knew it wouldn't be there because cache logs said there was no TB in the cache and also said there was no way that TB would have ever fitted into the cache anyway (it was a small tube, going by the photos).

My question is, should I make any kind of note on the TB log to this effect?  Because nobody has so far, they have only mentioned it on the cache log.  Even though I didn't actually find the cache.  Or should I just leave it because I didn't find the cache so can't actually 100% say its not inside and so its all sort of none of my business?  Although I would hate to be the TB owner waiting for the TB to move on, oblivious to the fact it may be gone.

Just wondered what might be best to do?

There is no harm in writing a note on the TB page explaining exactly what you said here.    Your note will not actually do anything to the TB, just give some information.   If you feel like doing it,  do it. 

16 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Unless you find the cache, you don't what the deal is with that TB.  I've found TBs or parts of them in caches where everyone else said "it's gone", but yeah, not usually in a "small tube".

Here is a photo of what I was apparently looking for.  But yes I see your point so I think I will leave it.  Thanks.

bf64946c-b848-47e9-92c6-43404de98f30_l.jpg

So many incorrect logs these days, I'd probably do similar to kunarion and forgetaboutit (you didn't find the cache to be sure anyway).    :)

I wouldn't play investigator, asking questions of others on something that's (really) got nothing to do with me.  If anything, that's what the CO or TO could be doing if either were interested. 

- But we have seen trackables at micros (don't know why...),  one hanging in a branch above the bison tube.  Weird...