Ignoring Member ??

Inmountains

The reason I want to ignore this poster is that they come off like they are the expert on everything.  When I check their account, they have 3,300 finds, 0 hides, have not logged a find since January, 2017 and have over 6,000 posts on these forums.  That is the definition of a "Forum Troll", someone who posts just to aggravate other posters. Thus I blocked/ignored them!  It would be beneficial to our community that if one poster blocks someone, they are blocked from each other.  Forum moderator's can keep the peace if there is an issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Inmountains said:

That is the definition of a "Forum Troll", someone who posts just to aggravate other posters.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." — Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride)

Apparently we have very different concepts of what a "troll" is.

9 minutes ago, Inmountains said:

Thus I blocked/ignored them!  It would be beneficial to our community that if one poster blocks someone, they are blocked from each other.

I disagree. If you want to ignore someone, then that's your choice. But if you post to a public forum, then all members of that public forum should be able to read what you wrote. If they want to ignore you, then that's their choice. But you shouldn't be able to hide what you wrote in a public forum from people you disagree with.

Perhaps a private discussion group is more in line with your preferences.

• Upvote 5
3 hours ago, Inmountains said:

If I choose to IGNORE another poster (whom I think is nothing more than a troll), are they able to see MY POSTS??

42 minutes ago, Inmountains said:

The reason I want to ignore this poster is that they come off like they are the expert on everything.  When I check their account, they have 3,300 finds, 0 hides, have not logged a find since January, 2017 and have over 6,000 posts on these forums.  That is the definition of a "Forum Troll", someone who posts just to aggravate other posters. Thus I blocked/ignored them!  It would be beneficial to our community that if one poster blocks someone, they are blocked from each other.  Forum moderator's can keep the peace if there is an issue.

An ignored member simply allows you to no longer see their posts anymore (unless you click on "show this post" under options).

I have a couple on ignore, not "trolls" either, but flip-flop opinions depending on who they're responding too, or even within the same post.  :)

The account you're speaking of had a lot of hides at one time (not so many now), they even have a new virtual.  This is simply their forum/additional  account.

Edited by cerberus1
addification
  • Upvote 2
55 minutes ago, Inmountains said:

Well, that didn't take long to figure out who you're talking about.

I'm struggling to see what she did that set you off, but whatever. 

• Upvote 4