Uploading Photos from Iphone to existing log.

winkaw

Advice Please

I have successfully uploaded my 'drafts' (field notes) from my GPS to my windows laptop and have from those, created my log entries.

I would now like to add some photos stored on the Iphone to those logs, using the app on the phone.

I cant seem to find a way to do this.

As the log was written on a pc It doesn't appear to recognise that I am the creator of the log, so I cant edit or upload photos from the app.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Winkaw

1 hour ago, winkaw said:

Advice Please

I have successfully uploaded my 'drafts' (field notes) from my GPS to my windows laptop and have from those, created my log entries.

I would now like to add some photos stored on the Iphone to those logs, using the app on the phone.

I cant seem to find a way to do this.

As the log was written on a pc It doesn't appear to recognise that I am the creator of the log, so I cant edit or upload photos from the app.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Winkaw

Move the photos from your iPhone to your laptop, and then you can edit your logs on a bigger screen.   That makes the photos easier to resize in advance, so you don't rely on the website to resize them, and it saves time uploading.

22 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

coman gave the best mobile answer. Go to the log in the mobile browser, and use the link to upload photos from there.  I do that if I forget to add them when creating the log in my app (which I don't do most of the time anyway)

I gave the best laptop answer. :cute:

The drafts are edited on the laptop, so the OP might as well use that laptop to upload the photos when completing the logs.

Edited by kunarion
5 minutes ago, kunarion said:

The drafts are edited on the laptop, so the OP might as well use that laptop to upload the photos when completing the logs.

:lol: Indeed, that's why it was it the 'mobile answer'. For desk/laptop, that's certainly the better answer. That's what I do as well.

I typically do my [empty] draft field note uploading and composition from my desktop, followed by pic adding. But on the occasion I have a log with a photo on my phone I want to add, I don't want to go through all the hoops to do it on the desktop, when I can just load up the log in my browser, and upload the image there.

Edited by thebruce0
6 minutes ago, kunarion said:

The drafts are edited on the laptop, [...]

No, to both. The drafts are actually edited on the website, which could be reached by a PC and a mobile as well by using a web browser.

Edited by HHL
2 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

:lol: Indeed, that's why it was it the 'mobile answer'. For desk/laptop, that's certainly the better answer. That's what I do as well.

I typically do my draft field note uploading and composition from my desktop, followed by pic adding. But on the occasion I have a log with a photo on my phone I want to add, I don't want to go through all the hoops to do it on the desktop, when I can just load up the log in my browser, and upload the image there.

I use the best mobile answer for one or two photos in a pinch.  But I also resize them first with the phone, mainly because the image servers do a lousy job at resizing (as you see from many threads around here), but also to save bandwidth.  With a laptop in the mix, use that instead, for the entire operation.

Edited just now by kunarion

11 minutes ago, HHL said:

No, to both. The drafts are actually edited on the website, which could be reached by a PC and a mobile as well by using a web browser.

Yes to me.

In the OP's scenario, the drafts are in fact at that moment edited on a laptop (on the website, sure).  While that laptop is in use, send the photos.  The App is cool if one has no access to a laptop, but since the OP is using the laptop, upload the photos from the laptop.  Batch resize them first.  Might as well, you're on a laptop. :cute:

I recently discovered I don't even have to mess with iTunes to grab a photo out of my iPhone.  Pretty cool, since when I simply want a photo, I don't want to wake the behemoth to get that photo. 

Edited by kunarion
6 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Yes to me.

In the OP's scenario, the drafts are in fact at that moment edited on a laptop [...]

Which part of the thread's headline do you not understand?

Uploading Photos from Iphone to existing log.

Hans

1 hour ago, kunarion said:

I recently discovered I don't even have to mess with iTunes to grab a photo out of my iPhone.  Pretty cool, since when I simply want a photo, I don't want to wake the behemoth to get that photo

Correct, you can connect as an external drive, or use another app to transfer. If using as a drive, photo edits may not stick. I use PhotoTransferApp which gives options, sends edited photos, or raw photos with info about the edits. I have no problem getting full quality pics off the phone, no need for iTunes (never used that for photos anyway)

And, as HHL highlighted, the question was about uploading the photos from the iPhone. Your PC suggestion is good, but is a non-mobile alternative to the question. So, relevant, but not directly :)

1 hour ago, thebruce0 said:

And, as HHL highlighted, the question was about uploading the photos from the iPhone. Your PC suggestion is good, but is a non-mobile alternative to the question. So, relevant, but not directly :)

The question was how to add photos to previously posted logs, using the app.  The answer is, "that is not possible"?  The process must include something other than using the Geocaching App, which all replies have done.

I usually try to answer within the confines of the actual question, but in this case the OP starts with the mobile, moves to the laptop, and is asking how to continue the process on the mobile.  So, relevant, but not practical.

My answer requires less switching between devices, which makes sense to me.  But if the question is how do I make editing logs more complicated, I will leave that to the experts.

Edited by kunarion
36 minutes ago, kunarion said:

My answer requires less switching between devices, which makes sense to me.

:o

"...From iphone"  So, photos are on the iphone. Browser is one app flip. Upload to log page, done. No device switching... editing wasn't a clause either, just uploading. *confused*

Anyway, this is getting to be a needless exchange :) Good advice, multiple solutions, direct answer not possible - choose your fav!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for you answers

I have used the methods mentioned - both using a browser on the phone or using a browser on the PC

I was simply asking if it was possible to do this directly from within the new app (edit log - upload photo) and it appears it is not.

Sorry for any confusion..

Edited by winkaw
typo