An ios version of the Locusmap app?

De Houwies

Whilst cycling through the countryside I wanted to get a notification whenever a geocache would be within a certain range. After a search on internet I found the Locusmap app, which does this perfectly! Unfortunately, it runs on Android only :-(

I could not find another app for iOS that delivers this same feature. Does anyone know an app that works for us ?

Thnx, i saw this too and installed it, but it is not what I need. This widget still requires you to take out your phone and push the screen. I just want to receive a notification whenever I get within reach of a cache, thén i can take out my phone and decide whether to track it down or not. The locusmap app does this well, but as said, it is not available for iOS :-(

4 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

You can create a "Caches in a Route", by instance.

For caches on a route, I'd like to get notifications if the distance to the cache is decreasing.   If I've already passed a cache while driving a route I'd rather see a notification for a cache that I'm approaching than one for which I'd have to turn around, especially if the route is along a major highway.  

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

For caches on a route, I'd like to get notifications if the distance to the cache is decreasing.   If I've already passed a cache while driving a route I'd rather see a notification for a cache that I'm approaching than one for which I'd have to turn around, especially if the route is along a major highway.  

+1

Yes, please! I tried it once while driving, and the App couldn't keep up. I simply wished to know which cache is coming up next. I get a basic visual of that, just the icons, using my garmin GPS, but only if those caches are pre-loaded.

The widget hzoi mentioned sounds cool. Maybe I can WiFi tether my iPhone to my real phone to try it. :cute:

Edited by kunarion
14 hours ago, kunarion said:

+1

Yes, please! I tried it once while driving, and the App couldn't keep up. I simply wished to know which cache is coming up next. I get a basic visual of that, just the icons, using my garmin GPS, but only if those caches are pre-loaded.

The widget hzoi mentioned sounds cool. Maybe I can WiFi tether my iPhone to my real phone to try it. :cute:

Getting a basic visual of a cache coming up next will get the job done, but an audio alert would let me keep my eyes on the road when I've driving 65mph down an interstate.  

I've got a couple of android based tablets with a data plan.  If there were a widget like that for Android devices I could use it on the tablet let let me know of upcoming geocaches then get out of the vehicle with my handheld GPS to find it.  

• Upvote 1