waypoints deleted!!!

GovernmentMule

7 hours ago, GovernmentMule said:

Went of this afternoon and spent 5 hours hicking around placing new caches. I placed the cache then added a waypoint in the geo app. Got home and went to add my new hides and all my waypoints are gone! 4 really nice caches out in the middle of nowhere and no way to find them!

aggg, this app sucks!!!

I'm pretty sure you can't use the app to hide caches. How did you manage to add a waypoint in the app? Was it the official app?

7 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Just start to navigate to any cache, then you can add any waypoint for any use later... like the coords for a new cache.

OK. I see that. So the OP started with a nearby cache, then added coordinates for those caches he left behind.

Went of this afternoon and spent 5 hours hicking around placing new caches. I placed the cache then added a waypoint in the geo app. Got home and went to add my new hides and all my waypoints are gone! 4 really nice caches out in the middle of nowhere and no way to find them!

aggg, this app sucks!!!

Lesson learned. But it sounds like you may still have the coordinates. You might want to use a geolocation app like FreeGPS. 

aggg, this app sucks!!!

Do not give up yet! I bet the coords are there. Somewhere. Just FYI, while on that waypoint page you can take a screenshot, just as a backup. You know, for those times when you add four waypoints for new caches but then the coordinates disappear?

On 4/10/2018 at 4:01 PM, Max and 99 said:

Do not give up yet! I bet the coords are there. Somewhere. Just FYI, while on that waypoint page you can take a screenshot, just as a backup. You know, for those times when you add four waypoints for new caches but then the coordinates disappear?

Sometimes a pen or pencil and a small notepad comes in handy.

• Upvote 1