Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Delta68

Links not as expected on the United States forum page

4 posts in this topic

If I go to this page:
https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/forum/50-united-states/

I can click on the Northeast, Midwest etc heading links and it goes through to a sub forum but if I click on the links for individual states it goes through to a geocache search page - not as expected as it says 'Talk Geocaching in '

Thanks

Edited by Delta68

It's been that way since before 2002 when I first started posting in the Forums. 

The USA regional forums don't get a lot of traffic anymore, due to the growth of other social media platforms for local discussions.  There would be a lot of blank forums if those links took the reader to a forum section specific to a single US State.

I use those links mostly to get a quick list of Events.  But I've always thought it was a strange place for that feature.

I've happily used that option to find events for some time, and explained that way to easily find events (within a regional thread) just yesterday.  :)

Like Keystone says, forums aren't like they were.  Of the five regional sites (two local) I belonged, all are on faceboook now.   I'd think we're lucky to have that odd state option there, since we "talk geocaching" at events.  It's a surprise (to me) when a new thread is started, or replied to in the regional forums these days...