Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atlas Cached

Oregon 7x0 Firmware 3.62 BETA Available 20171130. Released 20171207.

Recommended Posts

For those who would like to test the latest BETA firmware (3.62) in their Oregon 7x0 GPSr, it is currently available at " GPSrChive.com > Firmware " now!

Firmware 3.62: [30NOV17]

Added support for CIQ 2.4
Improved searching graphic when calculating round trip routes
Fixed issue connected to WIFI when there are a large number of access points
Fixed possible shutdown on photo viewer page
Fixed possible issue with lock on roads setting being overwritten

There is a post in the Oregon 7x0 forum there to report any issues or other observations for this BETA firmware. Garmin wants your feedback!

Thank you!

 

 

Edited by Atlas Cached
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Out of Beta.

Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:

  • Added support for CIQ 2.4
  • Improved searching graphic when calculating round trip routes
  • Fixed issue connecting to WIFI when there are a large number of access points
  • Fixed possible shutdown on photo viewer page
  • Fixed possible issue with lock on roads setting being overwritten
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
I may be jumping on this possible bug too early but when I installed 3.70, the automobile routing wouldn't display its usual "250m turn right at xxxx Street" or "800m turn left at yyyy Avenue". Instead it would display "Continue to xxxx Street" or "Continue to yyyy Avenue".
 
I need it to work properly ASAP and couldn't afford misbehaving behaviour at this present time, and I knew it worked properly with 3.60. After reinstalling 3.60, the automobile routing once again displayed proper turn directions so I'm suspecting the automobile routing is broken in 3.70.
 
Again, I may be jumping on something prematurely, and I could be wrong, so take this as a heads-up just in case 3.70 has broken automobile routing. I'm sorry I can't provide more information than this as I only had 3.70 running for a very short time before reverting back to 3.60 so no print screens or anything.

Share this post


Link to post

The "continue to" is what you see when you are a long way from the turn.  It should change to a number when you get closer.  It is not a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, robertlipe said:

It's probably my fault, but the dates in the subject were whack. I think I've fixed them, but I'm highly medicated with a lot on my mind. If they're still wrong, another mod can help or I'll fix it upon my return.

For posterity (and search...) the subject was "Oregon 7x0 Firmware 3.62 BETA Available 201701730. Released 201711207."

Thank You Robert!

I had noticed the subject line was edited, and could not make good sense of it at the time. 

As a technicality, the 3.62 beta was released 20171130, and the next non-beta version (3.70) was released 20171206. This information is available on the GPSrChive Oregon 7x0 Firmware page.

Thank You!

Edited by Atlas Cached

Share this post


Link to post
On 10.12.2017 at 3:28 PM, Red90 said:

The "continue to" is what you see when you are a long way from the turn.  It should change to a number when you get closer.  It is not a bug.

I see the "Continue to ..." on a regular base when I have accidentaly two routable maps activated. After disabling all routable maps but one - I'm immediately seeing the distance button.

Hans

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/9/2017 at 3:52 PM, wwjd7 said:
I may be jumping on this possible bug too early but when I installed 3.70, the automobile routing wouldn't display its usual "250m turn right at xxxx Street" or "800m turn left at yyyy Avenue". Instead it would display "Continue to xxxx Street" or "Continue to yyyy Avenue".
 
I need it to work properly ASAP and couldn't afford misbehaving behaviour at this present time, and I knew it worked properly with 3.60. After reinstalling 3.60, the automobile routing once again displayed proper turn directions so I'm suspecting the automobile routing is broken in 3.70.
 
Again, I may be jumping on something prematurely, and I could be wrong, so take this as a heads-up just in case 3.70 has broken automobile routing. I'm sorry I can't provide more information than this as I only had 3.70 running for a very short time before reverting back to 3.60 so no print screens or anything.

Glad to know I'm not going crazy! I've had the same problem all week, and didn't realize there had been a firmware update. I've always liked seeing the distance until the next turn displayed in the "Distance to next" box. Now, it's just a 0.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Rock Chalk said:

Glad to know I'm not going crazy! I've had the same problem all week, and didn't realize there had been a firmware update. I've always liked seeing the distance until the next turn displayed in the "Distance to next" box. Now, it's just a 0.

Ah, good to know I'm not the only one who's noted this routing bug in 3.7.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...