How to search for Challenges and Public Bookmarks

Mesa0130

IIRC (I don't do them) challenge caches have to include the word "challenge" in them.

Unfortunately there's quite a few with the name, but aren't challenges included in searches.  Many from years before there was such a thing.

Kinda surprised this cache type isn't listed as one.  So I'm not sure of an "easy" way either...

Thought I remembered something on project-gc.  Not sure,  maybe it's only if your finds meet requirements, but I haven't been there in some time.  Worth a look. 

Edited by cerberus1
9 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

IIRC (I don't do them) challenge caches have to include the word "challenge" in them.

They also have to be listed as mystery caches. Searching with that combination (mystery with "challenge" in the title) ought to get most of them, but there'll also be false hits from puzzles that just happen to have "challenge" in the name.

44 minutes ago, Mesa0130 said:

Thanks for these Leads. Do you know how to easily look up list that other people have posted publicly? 

Players' public lists can be found on their profile and cache pages will show any public lists they're included in, but apart from that I don't know of any "list of lists" that might help.

• Upvote 1

Search - State: Connecticut, Cache Type Mystery, keyword Challenge

typically, once you open a few of these, you'll find someone bookmarking challenges for the state or possibly an area (like all of New England). After a while, you'll come to recognize the username of the person who does a good job of upkeep of those bookmarks.  Some of the older caches may not be challenges by the current usage.

Yeah, it would be a matter of searching. Either with the Advanced Search (I've bookmarked a search for new Challenges in Ontario), or by checking bookmark lists of popular challenge caches to see who's created their own lists.

I have two lists for all of Ontario - one for pre-moratorium challenges, and one for post. Each summarizes the challenges, and the latter includes links to the checkers.

If you've got the patience you could create your own list for the region and help other people :)