Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Benchmark Blasterz

This is why we waymark

4 posts in this topic

That's strange - I Waymark in spite of Facebook. To me, it's a PITA, gets in the way of REAL information that I'm looking for. I will admit, though, that on the odd, very rare, occasion I've actually gleaned useful info, however indirectly, from Facebook.

Keith

I once had a request from a person with a one day old account here that wanted to use my Waymarking photos in a Facebook group. I declined them, and want no part of that site.

40 minutes ago, Benchmark Blasterz said:

That is a great example.  In a nearby community, there is an old and obviously former church building that I was unable to identify.  Just last week, another local waymarker published this Old Church building and solved the mystery for me.  Two days later, out-of-town friends were visiting and asked me if I knew anything about a nearby community with such-and-such-a-church building which he attended for two weeks one summer as a seven-year-old.  We took him straight to the building.  He got to relive his childhood and I got to pretend I was some know-it-all...thanks to the efforts of another waymarker.