Locke Queries downloaded as a document not in GPX format

Sal and Pal

They should download as a .zip file containing the GPX files. You have to extract the GPX files.

EDIT: Check your pocket query set-up. At the bottom of the query, the last item for you to select is the format. Make sure it's set to GPX and not LOC. Garmin GPS units don't read LOC files directly.

Edited by mineral2

I have tried to download Pocket Queries for caches around GC6B4JW and they download as a file not as a folder. They are not in GPX format and unable to load them onto my Garmin 62st or oregon 450.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

They should arrive as "ZIP" files, usually unzipping to two GPX files. Some people once had issues if the PQ names had odd symbols. Are they named with only letters and/or numbers?

When did this start? Have those same PQs worked previously? Maybe it's a temporary glitch.

If it remains a mystery, you could post the actual link to the PQ page like this (example):

https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=def119b5-3b33-424e-b1f5-6d86522596c8

Edited by kunarion

They should download as a .zip file containing the GPX files. You have to extract the GPX files.

EDIT: Check your pocket query set-up. At the bottom of the query, the last item for you to select is the format. Make sure it's set to GPX and not LOC. Garmin GPS units don't read LOC files directly.

Have downloaded pocket queries for many areas and also along a route and no problems, just having problems with pocket queries in and around St. John's Nl. If I go outside of the city area and do pocket queries that take in Caches within parts of the city, all works fine. Normally my pocket queries have t files in a folder, but the ones I am talking about just have the one file, as attached. /Users/robertrichards/Downloads/18243269_St-2.John'

When I put them into my gps, nothing shows up.

[...]I am talking about just have the one file, as attached. /Users/robertrichards/Downloads/18243269_St-2.John'

When I put them into my gps, nothing shows up.

Remove the & and the # chars from your PQ name.

& is used in urls as a query delimiter and the # char is used as an optional fragment.

Having that said: Your PQ download link is broken and will never download a valid zip file.

Uncheck: "Include Pocket Query name in download file name", because the apostrophe in the name produces the ' html entity code.

Hans

Edited by HHL