Cache hype

fractal

So.. I've been working on something, as a few of you know. I'm not even close to completing it, but I know that if I make a 'teaser' like I did with Contact, it will get my butt in gear.

I'm really hoping to have it ready by the end of Summer.

T H E X F I L E S - Find Agent fractal

I also have a small cache with an odd puzzle coming out in the next 2 weeks.

Happy caching icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

Alright, i'll bite.

That's a pretty cool trailer ya got goin' there, fractal. I've watched it five or six times already and still can't get enough of it. Did anyone else notice the subliminal?

Maybe i'll find this cache the legal way. And i'm going to try my hardest as long as it has nothing to do with the Peacock family.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Other than the half hour it took to download it on my slow @$$ dialup, looks sweet! I can't wait for it to come out. BTW, what do you feed your brain?

-Gloom

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Yep, I like the subliminal message too... seems I've seen it somewhere before...

Peacock family? Just glad I ain't, like, related to 'em or sumpthin'!

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda, Jedi Master from Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

"Yep, I like the subliminal message too... seems I've seen it somewhere before..."

Don't know where I've seen it, but I know I've heard it.....

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead and the white knight is talking backwards and the red queen's off with her head Remember what the Dormouse said Feed your head! Feed your head!Feed your head!"

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

Made one more teaser today...

Elegia

This cache should be up and running within 2 weeks.. I just gotta figure out how to make the cache container!

All the teasers are in ASF format, which should be viewable with Windows media player. If you have problems, try right-clicking on the link, save the file to your computer, and then try viewing it.

-fractal

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

How am I supposed to concentrate on work, and finding other caches when you keep taunting me with this next cache?

HURRY UP!

btw: the right clicking solved my problem on the office computer

icon_biggrin.gif

You would have went nuts when I did the Contact trailers last year.. heh

And the right-click tip is courtesy of Bodoni icon_wink.gif

-fractal

Where's the music from? I know I've heard it, but my mind is drawing a blank. Want to say New Order, but also find myself leaning towards the Cure. I'm sure I've got the CD at home.

Also, very cool effect with the text. What program are you using for your vids? I've played around a little with Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and goofed off a little with Media 100, and Final Cut Pro. Curious as to how you did that one.

It is indeed New Order! It's a song of their's called Elegia. It's my partial inspiration for the cache...

The other part of the inspiration comes from a short film called More, which is set to the same song.

As for the video effects and such.. I use Media Studio Pro by Ulead. I'm still learning how to use it! icon_smile.gif

-fractal

quote:
Originally posted by DenaliNW:

But that T1 line at work makes 9mb seem like nothing.

On a side note, is there a way to see the cache page or will the puzzle be all that I need?

Cache is up and approved now icon_biggrin.gif

You could have been fine with just the puzzle.. especially since I'm not posting any hints yet icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

Seth! tells me WinXP won't open it.. Pdxmarathonman says it asking him for a username and password...

Now Oregone can't d/l the whole file...

This is _NOT_ a good sign!!!

-fractal

Did you just zip it? I just downloaded it and it's a zip file -- a little smaller -- and that should cure the problem with browsers trying to open it automatically. Good solution.

Unfortunately -- I have it -- but I don't know what to do with it! I have some ideas alright . . .

But I guess I will need to redownload it. I too have some ideas on where to go next, but I'm supposed to be working and not wasting time researching . . . .

This came at a bad time for me - to much going on with Summer camp next week, I did think about going to the posted coordinates, since they must be close right? and do some looking around.

Told my wife about this, and remembering the obsession from the Contact Cache, she said we all needed to get a life . . . . I just stared at her like a deer in the headlights and said what do you mean?

quote:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

and i just finished writing all the numbers down. bummer.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Just put a 0 between the 233rd and 234th digit, and everything should come out fine.. I hope!

And DenaliNW.. No peaking around the area where the posted coordinates are at! Gotta solve the puzzle icon_wink.gif

I think I'll add a note to the page where you have to email me the coordinates before you can log a find...

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by MrGigabyte:

Fractal... your cache web pages states the the video cannot be viewed by Mac users. This is not true. I just downloaded it and watched it with Windoze Media Player 7 for Mac. No problem whatsoever.

Excellent!! Thanks for the info.. I know someone who will be quite happy about this icon_wink.gif

-fractal