Ugh...Muggles

So I have the most perfect park next to my complex that I want place a cache in but the two times I have tried, they got messed with by Muggles. The first time the whole thing disapeered and second one got it's contents took. Now the thing is I hid them both fairly well so I don't get why it keeps happening there. Honestly it's so fustrating!

Edited by diamonddolljeanette

You may want to try making your hides Premium Member only (PMO). This may reduce the number of visits your cache gets, but sometimes that can be a good thing. Sometimes, cachers are not stealthy when searching and grabbing/replacing a cache. If muggles see someone putting something somewhere, then they may be curious and investigate. Some cachers believe that Premium Members take better care of caches, but that is debatable. However, making a cache PMO will reduce how many cachers see it on the map and less activity means less instances that muggles might see someone searching for it.

OTOH, some places just have too many muggles. In such places, the longevity of any geocaching is likely short. If you really want to bring cachers to such a location, then you could consider creating a multi-cache and use something at that location (words or numbers on a sign, plaque on a bench, count tables/benches, etc) as a virtual waypoint. You can bring cachers to the high muggle location, and then hide the actual cache in a low muggle location where it might last longer. Multi caches also tend to have less visitors.