Bring on Spring!

exConn

Ok so it was 71 yesterday. Did 5 caches and even I was tired. The weather stayed great the whole time. Then got home and soaked in the hot tub only for our youngest, butterfly girl to say, "hey Mom they say a thunderstorm is comming". Just then the wind picked up. Lightening flashed. the rain started and it sounded like hail. I got her out of the hot tub only to have the power flash on us. Then i threw the cover on and held onto anything secure till I got in the house. The winds were clocked at over 65 mph. Right now the temp is down to 30 and snow has returned. I think that I'll hibernate for the rest of the day......and it's only 6am!

Dx

DX that weather you were talking about (the snow) hit here as well, on the way to work this mourning some idiot speeding on 1-90 crashed into me, the damage wasn't to bad but it's just the principle of the thing, 1) a drove a tempo for 7 years no one hit me, I get a brand new truck and it's been hit twice already ahh well.

2) Once spring has hit and then it gets could again people drive like morons. Now my day off for geocaching is probably gonna be getting estimates... nah I'll still geocache, they hit me, they're paying so they can wait a bit.

Hey Mike I know where you are comming from!!

During my college years I would spend summers workingat a local amusement park. I was on a maintance crew. Our parking lot was right tight and used by many people. My father had fixed up an Orange Austin Marina for me. My all time favorite car. Leather steering wheel, toe warming heater, wooden dash and I could get it up on 2 wheels if I turned the corner just the right way. icon_biggrin.gif Well one day I went out to the lot and saw that someone had scratched my car. I fummed all the way home....then thought of a plan. I found the biggest screwdriver that my dad had in his shop. Put that in my car and presented it the next day in the break area. Mind you there were some rather burly looking guys there....I walked in with the screw driver and said "Ya see this. Well yesterday someone scratched my car...I brought this with me in case anyone else wants to do the same thing...it's makes a really nice line!"

Whoa....that really was me.......many years ago.....

Dx

There in the sunshine are my highest aspirations...

I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them

and try to follow where they lead.

LMAlcott

[This message was edited by DxChallenged on March 15, 2002 at 12:01 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

Hey Mike I know where you are comming from!!

I found the biggest screwdriver that my dad had in his shop. Put that in my car and presented it the next day in the break area. Mind you there were some rather burly looking guys there....I walked in with the screw driver and said "Ya see this. Well yesterday someone scratched my car...I brought this with me in case anyone else wants to do the same thing...it's makes a really nice line!"

Whoa....that really was me.......many years ago.....

Dx

icon_eek.gif I'll be wearing a bulletproof vest and come with bodyguards icon_wink.gif

I remember speaking to a fellow geocacher I met up on the trails here in North NJ before the onset of Winter. I mentioned to him that geocaching might slow down due to the upcoming winter season ( This is only my second season here)

His response.. " Winter? What winter? You aint been here long, fella! Winter wont stop us from geocaching!"

icon_biggrin.gif

9929_700.jpg