Brand/type back pack for maintenance

I use a Maxpedition gearslinger. You can add or remove pouches as you like. Being a gearslinger, I can rotate around to the front of me to access pockets without having to take it off and put on the wet/muddy/snowy ground. They ain't cheap... But super high quality. http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Sling-Bags-c37.htm

Hummmmm, that thing is high dollar! May have to do some looking around on Amazon for something.

I use a Maxpedition gearslinger. You can add or remove pouches as you like. Being a gearslinger, I can rotate around to the front of me to access pockets without having to take it off and put on the wet/muddy/snowy ground. They ain't cheap... But super high quality. http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Sling-Bags-c37.htm

Hummmmm, that thing is high dollar! May have to do some looking around on Amazon for something.

I second the maxped. Mine (Sitka, not gearslinger) is 3 years used and abused, including falling off the back of a truck while driving to the next cache, and still going strong. It's my go-to bag. Rock climbing, geocaching, photography, overnight trip, carry on for small airplane, whatever.

When you buy a Maxpedition you're paying for something that will last a long time, and will hold more than you are comfortable carrying. Even though mine was nowhere near the size limit for carry-on, I had to empty most of it because it was just too heavy.

You will not be let down if you buy one. It's worth the cost.

I use this Milwaukee backpack. I especially like the plastic, flat bottom:

I use something similar, and often a simple laptop bag from Staples.

Stopped looking like I was battle-ready with "tactical"-looking packs for years now.

- Seems to keep the Panophobic folks calm.

Same reason I stopped wearing camo. :)

Edited by cerberus1

My current daypacks were given to me by previous employers, so I didn't really have much choice. For geocaching and hiking, I prefer an unbranded one (with just the company logo embroidered on it). The other is an OGIO, and it's a really nice backpack for carrying a big laptop, but it's awfully heavy for geocaching and hiking.

My wife's daypack (which she uses far more than I use mine) came from a local brick-and-mortar sporting goods store. She checked every single daypack they had in stock, until she found one that met her needs and that fit her well. It's by Marmot Mountain.

But YMMV. I recommend that you check out an assortment yourself, evaluating them against your own needs and fit.

That Milwaukee looks sick! I have a similar one from Klein Tools that I use daily as an electrician. Google Klein Tools Backpack. It has tons of little pockets. Have had it for 2 years and it barely shows any wear. I'm sure either one will do the trick. The real question is Red or Orange?

Edited by Golden_Spike