Why is Groundspeak Headquarters an unknown type?

If I recall correctly back in the day you had to schedule your visit before they told you where they were located, hence the mystery. They just carried the type forward.

That's correct. The address used to be a big, dark secret. You almost had to be invited to get it.

As far as should it be a traditional or unknown...I suppose they can call it whatever they want. And in the end, does it really matter?

If I recall correctly back in the day you had to schedule your visit before they told you where they were located, hence the mystery. They just carried the type forward.

That's correct. The address used to be a big, dark secret. You almost had to be invited to get it.

As far as should it be a traditional or unknown...I suppose they can call it whatever they want. And in the end, does it really matter?

Yup, Yup it used to be an archived cache with the coordinates somewhere in the water nearby. Had to email a request to visit then they would hook you up :smile: . It was a cool kids in the know kinda cache :laughing: .

For a while, they would send you to a nearby coffee shop and when you got the coffee, it would have the real coordinates written on the side of the cup, from what I heard at the time. I never did that because the first time I visited was in 2006 when they had a small impromptu unofficial event at HQ. It was the beginning of them loosening up about the location.