PA SGL fluorescent orange regulations during hunting season

DeskJocky

I knew it was a good idea, but never knew it was law. I was reading my "Pennsylvania Digest of Hunting and Trapping Regulations" today and I noticed this one page 19 under State Game Land Regulations #33

"Except on Sundays, to be present on state game lands from November 15 through December 15 inclusive when not engaged in lawful hunting or trapping and fail to wear a minimum of 250 square inches of fluorescent orange material on the head, chest and back combined, or, in lieu therof, a hat of the same colored material. Orange material must be visible 360 degrees. Persons using shooting ranges are exempted."

Good post, Desk Jocky. And remember folks... hunting is allowed in many State Parks and State Forests as well as in designated Game Lands. Be alert for signs at trail heads about wearing orange.

I keep an orange vest as part of my standard caching gear.... ALWAYS. There are plenty of hunting seasons besides the main fall deer season. Any time I see or hear evidence of hunters/shooters in the area, the vest goes on. Regardless of what the law says. It's those darn elf ears.... they look like antlers from a distance.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

It might be a good time to do all those city caches during deer season, or maybe the early Christmas shopping. I don't even think about rural caching during the first few days of deer season, as that's when most of the accidents happen. I let them shoot at each other and hopefully they'll get it out of their systems.

For anyone not folically challenged - there's always the option of "high octane orange" hair dye.

Check it out here

Added benefit you get a free pass into any sk8tr events.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves. - Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)

During hunting season we wear a blaze orange vest and cap. Much more than any states require.

Also tramping along the trails is good for hunters. You push the game off the trails closer to the hunters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

I wear orange quite often just to flash my SAR patches and I have gotten a few negative comments, like people need sunglasses to look at me. The funny thing is that I almost never see hunters wearing blaze orange anymore, they all seem to wear cammoflage clothing. I buy my blaze orange clothing at Cabelas, and their selection of blaze clothing is quite limited compared to their Cammo clothing.