How can I share a pocket query with another user?

grettykaye

I am taking a road trip with some friends and plan to geocache along the way. I am a novice, my friends are beginners. I have created routes on the website, and then created pocket queries for those routes. How can I share those with my friends so we can all see the same thing on our iphones with the Geocaching app? I am a premium member, my friends are all basic members, if that matters. I tried e-mailing the GPX to a friend, but when she tried to open the file on her iPhone, it said there was no app that could open the file. She has the Groundspeak free version of the geocaching app, and I have the paid version. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I am taking a road trip with some friends and plan to geocache along the way. I am a novice, my friends are beginners. I have created routes on the website, and then created pocket queries for those routes. How can I share those with my friends so we can all see the same thing on our iphones with the Geocaching app? I am a premium member, my friends are all basic members, if that matters. I tried e-mailing the GPX to a friend, but when she tried to open the file on her iPhone, it said there was no app that could open the file. She has the Groundspeak free version of the geocaching app, and I have the paid version. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Why don't you make a bookmark list of the caches that you can share with them?

They can then download the caches to their phones in a format that they can use. If they aren't PM, then gpx files will not be available to them.

Help Center → Premium Membership → Benefits

1.3. Bookmark Lists and Instructional Video

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=283

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Sharing your pocket query files is a violation of the terms of use. You cannot "share" a premium membership with your friends.

Oh, yikes. Thank you, I did not realize that! I didn't realize that pocket queries were only for premium members. If they upgrade to premium, then can I share it with them? How would that work?

Sharing your pocket query files is a violation of the terms of use.

You cannot "share" a premium membership with your friends.

Oh, yikes. Thank you, I did not realize that! I didn't realize that pocket queries were only for premium members. If they upgrade to premium, then can I share it with them? How would that work?

You still are not allowed to share pq's.

If they go to PM, then they can run their own pq's.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

You can share your route with another premium member or, as Pup Patrol noted, you can share a bookmark list. Other Premium Members can then run pocket queries for the route or bookmark list.

There are also a few advanced TOU-compliant sharing mechanisms available through Geocaching Live! API partners.

Sharing your pocket query files is a violation of the terms of use.

You cannot "share" a premium membership with your friends.

You still are not allowed to share pq's.

If they go to PM, then they can run their own pq's.

B.

Thank you!

You can share your route with another premium member or, as Pup Patrol noted, you can share a bookmark list. Other Premium Members can then run pocket queries for the route or bookmark list.

There are also a few advanced TOU-compliant sharing mechanisms available through Geocaching Live! API partners.

Thank you!

If they are "Basic Members" then they won't be able to see any pocket query since Pocket Queries is a Premium Only feature.

If I go on a trip Usually I create a "Bookmark List" at https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/edit.aspx then copy the info I have for each cache into the Bookmark for each. The free version of the app only allows for finds that are traditonals and able to be viewed by basic members. So any cache that is a PMO cache they will not be able to see in the app either. I know Google Play charges $9.99 for the Geocaching App. There are suggestions from other members with similar or exact concepts.