When does "Let’s get EXTREME!" begin?

niraD

Today I received an email newsletter with the subject line "Earn Your Next Geocaching Road Trip '15 Souvenir This Weekend"

According to the email newsletter, "The third souvenir of the Geocaching Road Trip ‘15 is now available."

The email newsletter included a "Earn Your Next Souvenir Now" link to:

https://www.geocaching.com/play/promo/roadtrip?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=07-13-15roadtrip

According to this web page, the "Let’s get EXTREME!" souvenir is available beginning July 17 (this Friday), rather than today (July 13).

So, which is it?

Wouldn't be the first time the newsletter was wrong about the Road Trip 2015 souvenirs, would it? B)

I would go with the July 17th date, as that's the one in the page:

https://www.geocaching.com/play/promo/roadtrip

and is consistent with the dates of the other souvenirs (3rd, 17th, 31st...Fridays)

hmmm...what happened to my co-pilot? Abandoned me? :(

hmmmm....once again, my PM newsletter arrives long before the one for my Basic Membership account.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Human error. The souvenir is available beginning July 17.

Future mailing have been edited accordingly. Thanks for pointing it out!

Does Groundspeak have the means to tweak the system so that those of us who went out in good faith believing we'd get a souvenir for our D5/T5 finds do actually get the souvenir?

Does Groundspeak have the means to tweak the system so that those of us who went out in good faith believing we'd get a souvenir for our D5/T5 finds do actually get the souvenir?

If it means that much to you, log another find on the cache you found on the 17th, get the souvenir, then deleted that second find - the souvenir will stay.

If it means that much to you, log another find on the cache you found on the 17th, get the souvenir, then deleted that second find - the souvenir will stay.

That's actually a pretty good workaround. I wouldn't bother if it this happened with the "find a cache with more than 10 favorites" or "find a puzzle cache" but finding a D5 or T5 cache is more of a challenge. For me, I'd have to solve a pretty difficult puzzle, or get my kayak out and drive about 70 miles r/t.

Aye - that's another good workaround - good thinking :)

And yes - it does mean that much to me - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered in the first place :)