First Event in Northern Virginia since last September

JoeCthulhu

To date only 7 people have responded to this event. Based upon attendance at other regional events and conversations I've had with other local cachers, I was thinking that about 40+ people would show up.

Is it common for poeple to show up to events without confirming on the cache page?

If you hide it, they will come.

I sent off an email yesterday to invite 10-15 individuals in the area who may not have seen the posting. So far 2 of them have responded as not being able to make it. I think a few are weather dependent and don't want to say yes until they know for sure.

Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges -- Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!

- Rudyard Kipling "The Explorer"

We had a small turn out for the February meeting and some of that was weather related but we had a blast. It is not the quantity but the quality and there are some really good cachers coming and you guys seem to have done a superb job getting ready. I can't wait even if we have to leave a bit early.

Wags, Russ & Erin

With the great weather and a bevy of new caches the attendance count has gone up for this event tremendously. The Potomac is but a little creek as us MGS'ers have been welcomed by a great group of Northern Virginian's. Erin and I are looking forward to meet new cachers and have a great time on our first Virginia finds! icon_smile.gif

Wags, Russ & Erin

Sorry, I'm still too new and didn't even get my GPSr until a couple of days ago.

I'd love to go to the next outing you folks have in the Northern Virginia area. I'll keep watching. And reading my manual to figure out how this MeriPlat thingamabob works. Guess I might as well add "AA batteries" as a new line item to the household budget too.

WaffleStomper

"Stomping across the planet, one waffle at a time."