A little Thank you.

D&CGeoSeekers

I'm still relatively new to Geocaching and only have a few finds and even less hides but we take pride in the fact the the cachers that have found our hides have said so many nice things. I was wondering if maybe you could add a thank you button ala(Facebook) or an option to say thanks to the cachers making these comments. I don't know how hard that would be but I believe it would be a rather nice option to have. Thanks for your time.

Though I agree it's nice to say, "thanks for the kind words", I'd rather cache pages weren't turn into yet another facsimile of facebook, thanks.

There's also a guideline about turning cache pages into forums, and I feel that's bordering doing so.

- If we ever get nicer than normal logs, we simply send 'em a "thanks" email. :)

I am active on another forum that does have a "Like" feature, and I "Like" that like feature. It has occurred to me that it could possibly help reduce the "pile-ons" that sometimes happen in these forums, because rather than posting their own version of an answer, and adding to the "pile", people could simply "Like" an answer that has already been posted.

Anyhow, that is off-topic. Cool that you're getting nice comments on your caches... that always makes it worth-while, doesn't it?

Not a bad idea, but I imagine at least one reason it hasn't happened is because cachers like to read recent logs while looking for caches. Liking something would be okay, but replies would take up space on the GPSr or phone, which only load so many at a time. Sending a quick note via the profile page works well, though I think most people who post nice, descriptive logs already know the cache owner appreciates it!

Not sure what the purpose of this would be. If the CO 'likes' a log on their cache page, then the cacher who submitted the log probably will never even notice. I don't think it's common for a cacher to revisit cache pages and review the logs they've submitted.

It seems like it would be an added burden for CO's too. If they receive 5 thorough logs for a cache, but they only liked the first 2 because they haven't had time to review the other 3...then are the cachers that submitted those 3 un-liked logs going to feel slighted? This assumes that those cachers go back and look at their logs to know whether their logs were liked or not.

I am active on another forum that does have a "Like" feature, and I "Like" that like feature. It has occurred to me that it could possibly help reduce the "pile-ons" that sometimes happen in these forums, because rather than posting their own version of an answer, and adding to the "pile", people could simply "Like" an answer that has already been posted.

Anyhow, that is off-topic. Cool that you're getting nice comments on your caches... that always makes it worth-while, doesn't it?

I agree, it would be a good feature for the forum(s), especially if the poster got a notification of the like to their posting, but wouldn't want to see it on cache pages and the logs.

I agree, it's really nice to see good logs to our caches, but an reply by email through the system works OK for us.

Edited by BC & MsKitty

I agree, it would be a good feature for the forum(s), especially if the poster got a notification of the like to their posting, but wouldn't want to see it on cache pages and the logs.

I agree, it's really nice to see good logs to our caches, but an reply by email through the system works OK for us.

I agree about adding a Like or Agree button in the forums, to decrease pile-ons.

On cache pages, a Like button might encourage better logs, but I'm not comfortable with Facebooking the cache logs.

Edited by L0ne.R

If I wanted Facebook I'd be over there. But I guess I can see a benefit to the likes to cut down on those dog piles. But people, even agreeing, still want to say their peace if if they can click a like or agree.

I do not revisit my past finds with exception to the ones right around me. I list them as watching in case someone is on locations and lost, needing a bit of a phone a friend or other assistance.