Working with Groundspeak and Reviewers for "active" events

What I have in mind is not pressing something into the frame of event caches, but to be left with events that appeal to a certain target audience.

Geocaching events already have a target audience: geocachers.

That's like denying that there target audiences for types of physical caches by arguing that they are all for geocachers.

Does every geocaching event appeal to you? Do you enjoy them all equally?

What I have in mind is not pressing something into the frame of event caches, but to be left with events that appeal to a certain target audience.

Geocaching events already have a target audience: geocachers.

That's like denying that there target audiences for types of physical caches by arguing that they are all for geocachers.

Does every geocaching event appeal to you? Do you enjoy them all equally?

Again, you are missing the bigger point. I am not arguing in favour of my personal event preferences. I am suggesting that not everything is a geocaching event.

Whether or not I like something is not the criteria. I like long hikes. I don't think that an extended hike with a select group of people is necessarily a geocaching event.

Edited by narcissa

Again, you are missing the bigger point. I am not arguing in favour of my personal event preferences. I am suggesting that not everything is a geocaching event.

Of course it isn't. But still this does not change the fact that different geocaching events appeal to different cachers. There is about an event than that it is

for geocachers.

Whether or not I like something is not the criteria. I like long hikes. I don't think that an extended hike with a select group of people is necessarily a geocaching event.

I did not say that it is necessarily a geocaching event. I asked why you objected against my usage of target audience and insisted that the target audience are geocachers ignoring that

geocachers have different preferences. It does not make sense to base the rules on one's individual preferences, but I think that it would be reasonable to allow more flexibility so as to allow events that appeal to different subgroups of cachers in the sense that they really enjoy them (not in the sense that others could not come if they want).

I did not say that it is necessarily a geocaching event. I asked why you objected against my usage of target audience and insisted that the target audience are geocachers ignoring that

geocachers have different preferences. It does not make sense to base the rules on one's individual preferences, but I think that it would be reasonable to allow more flexibility so as to allow events that appeal to different subgroups of cachers in the sense that they really enjoy them (not in the sense that others could not come if they want).

Why can't you simply use Opencaching or Facebook for such events? Because it won't give you GC-smiley you've written you don't care about?

Groundspeak found people attending events only to fill matrix or calendar or any other stat a problem, because it was a problem. It's still a problem, but the scale of the problem has diminished.