Can't Download More than 30 Caches with Pocket Query

SoCalKayaker

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to download all 647 caches for Qatar with the pocket query mode; however, I can only seem to download 30 at a time. After I run the query, and I hit download all, nothing happens. The only time something happens is when I check all of the boxes on the first page of caches that is retrieved. From there, I receive a zip file with 30 caches, but not all 647. I hope this makes sense. I've spent two hours trying to figure this out today, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bryan

It's a little counter-intuitive, but no checking of individual caches is necessary. Just set up a Pocket Query, preview it (so far that's what you've been doing), then select a day for it to run (today), then wait for it to run. Then you'll get a zip file that has the number of caches that you got in the preview, ready for you to download, unzip and copy to the GPSr.

Here's a page of info that explains the process:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=118

There seem to be a lot of steps (and footnotes), but don't skip any.

Once you've done this a couple of times, it's easy.

Edited by kunarion

By chance are you trying to load from the Pocket Query preview? Sounds like it.

A truly downloaded PQ will have all the cache data downloaded in a single sweep. There are no "boxes on the first page..." to do anything with.

Properly select the day-to-run (common mistake) and submit the query. The results will be downloaded from the Pocket Queries Ready for Download (x) tab located on the Create a Pocket Query page.

We would need to see the details of how your pocket query has been created. For example, have you set any distance limitation with "Within a Radius of .. " or did you leave the default value?

Are the caches you are receiving the closest 30 to you, or are they some other selection of caches? Are all cache types selected with "Any type" and "Any container" or are only some types or container sizes selected?

We would really need to see your query to see why many are excluded since there are SO many ways this could occur. Much of the PQ selection process is to exclude caches that it is impossible to guess.

Also, how are you sure that only 30 were received? Are you viewing your GPS to see how many appear? Depending upon the GPS, it will not list caches beyond 50 miles from your current position unless you specifically search by name for them or look at them on the map view.