Coordinate for the exact distance between two other coordinates

WiFi902

My apologies if this has been covered in another thread. I didn't see one.

I have two different coordinates and they are 1.2km from each other. I'm am looking for an app where I can input these two coordinates and be given the coordinates of the exact half way point I'm between these two given coordinates. Thanks in advance if you have any ideas.

GPS visualizer and boulter are what I've used for other tools but neither have this feature I'm looking for as far as I can tell.

Cheers and thanks!

If the two points are close enough that the differences between assuming the two points are on a two dimensional surface (a plane) and that they are on a three dimensional surface (a oblate spheroid, the planet earth) are too minor to worry about, then you can use simple arithmetic. The arithmetic mean of the two latitudes and the arithmetic mean of the two longitudes will give you the midpoint.

However, if the distance between the two points is great enough that the curvature of the earth needs to be taken into consideration, then just simple arithmetic does not give good answers. I have not used or examined the app that Panther&Pine found, so I can not comment on it.