Pocket Query

sparky220volt

I made a pocket query on another players account so when we go caching we can look for the ones she hasn't found not just the ones I haven't found. But even though I choose "I haven't found, I don't own, and Is enabled" A lot of smilies come up on the search. But when you click the cache they haven't been found. I set the query the same as mine. I seem to be missing something. Thank you for any insight.

Edited by sparky220volt

You used someone else's account to set up this query? so "I haven't found" will be caches that haven't been found by that account. They may have been found you.

The PQ generator considers the identity of the person setting up the query as the account that's logged in and creating the query. It's not going to

return caches that "sparky220volt" hasn't found, it's going to return caches that FriendUserName hasn't found.

This tool on Project-GC http://project-gc.com/Tools/MapCompare will allow you to produce a list of caches in a particular area which neither of the accounts has found, this is just a list on the screen and doesn't produce a downloadable PQ, but you could then add those to a bookmark list and produce a PQ from that bookmark list. It's a bit involved but if you're only talking about dozens of caches should only take a couple of minutes, if you're talking about hundreds of caches it might be too much effort.

I also use GSAK. I ask the other cacher to do a PQ of the area you are going to do with only caches they haven't found. Create a database and drop it in. Run a refresh data through the Geocaching access. Then filter all the found caches by you and delete those in that filter and you are left with ones you both haven't done.

I also use GSAK. I ask the other cacher to do a PQ of the area you are going to do with only caches they haven't found. Create a database and drop it in. Run a refresh data through the Geocaching access. Then filter all the found caches by you and delete those in that filter and you are left with ones you both haven't done.

That is way to much work. Use the API call under geocaching.Com access and look at page two. Put you and her in the Not Found By box and walla you have a file of caches neither of you have found.