Notifications about user photos

-CJ-

I'm not sure if any similar request has already been published. Anyway, as a CO I used to receive e-mail notifications about visits to my caches. Photos are uploaded not that frequently of course. However, it has become common that from time to time I find a spoiler photo where it shouldn't be. I have to check photos manually. If the website informed me about the newly uploaded photos I think it would be helpful. What do you think?

I'm not sure if any similar request has already been published. Anyway, as a CO I used to receive e-mail notifications about visits to my caches. Photos are uploaded not that frequently of course. However, it has become common that from time to time I find a spoiler photo where it shouldn't be. I have to check photos manually. If the website informed me about the newly uploaded photos I think it would be helpful. What do you think?

I think this is a very good idea. Someone just posted a spoiler photo on one of my caches. I discovered it only by accident.

Really wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Photos are uploaded not that frequently of course. However, it has become common that from time to time I find a spoiler photo where it shouldn't be. I have to check photos manually. If the website informed me about the newly uploaded photos I think it would be helpful. What do you think?

I often add a photo to the log sometime after writing the log...

It would seem that 'the system' should email the CO if the log is Edited.

How many cachers log with 'Log to Follow' and you don't get notified when the full log is submitted?

Maybe the system needs to email the CO for photos and edits, if an edit is within a certain time frame, say a month of the log?

Photos are uploaded not that frequently of course. However, it has become common that from time to time I find a spoiler photo where it shouldn't be. I have to check photos manually. If the website informed me about the newly uploaded photos I think it would be helpful. What do you think?

I often add a photo to the log sometime after writing the log...

It would seem that 'the system' should email the CO if the log is Edited.

How many cachers log with 'Log to Follow' and you don't get notified when the full log is submitted?

Maybe the system needs to email the CO for photos and edits, if an edit is within a certain time frame, say a month of the log?

I've made suggestions both for notification for images and edits before and whole heartedly support those notifications coming into play. They would greatly assist with cache maintenance.

Edited by ertyu

Logs can be edited and photos uploaded at any time after the log has been created, even years later, so such a system would need to notify regardless of how old the log is. If someone uploaded a spoiler photo 2 years after they first submitted their log, I'd still want to know about it.

I sometimes make at least five or six edits, as I think of something I had meant to write or correct a typo I did not notice when the log was submitted. I also have been known to upload a photo, delete it if the site is not displaying it correctly and upload either a smaller version, an edited photo, or a photo I like better in its place.

As it stands, I always have to hope that the CO will notice the new and improved version, and in turn I would like to see the final version for the caches I have placed. I am less concerned about spoilers but like to see what people post.

On the other hand, if I got notifications for each of the type of changes I routinely make, I would quickly think about archiving more of my caches.

So I would like to get notice of what is posted, but more as a "daily digest" that lets me know a log has been edited or photos posted without a separate notification each and every time it is done.

Edited by geodarts

This has been asked for since at least '04 last I checked and seems to be popular.

- And not yet implemented...

A good way to allow the CO to keep keep track of spoilers or inappropriate pics, when photos might show up weeks later.

I like pics on the cache page. Shame if I don't notice 'em 'til long after posted.

Sometimes I'll mail a cacher, thanking them for the kind log and pics.

I sometimes make at least five or six edits, as I think of something I had meant to write or correct a typo I did not notice when the log was submitted. I also have been known to upload a photo, delete it if the site is not displaying it correctly and upload either a smaller version, an edited photo, or a photo I like better in its place.

As it stands, I always have to hope that the CO will notice the new and improved version, and in turn I would like to see the final version for the caches I have placed. I am less concerned about spoilers but like to see what people post.

On the other hand, if I got notifications for each of the type of changes I routinely make, I would quickly think about archiving more of my caches.

So I would like to get notice of what is posted, but more as a "daily digest" that lets me know a log has been edited or photos posted without a separate notification each and every time it is done.

This...the bolded part. I could easily see it being overwhelming, so the digest would be helpful. In fact, I'd like to see a "Daily Digest" as an option even without the photo/edited log notifications.