OLDEST ACTIVE CAHE

Mingo is just a throw down cache.

As far as I know Mingo has been replaced by the co and is not a throwdown, at least the one I found 7 months ago wasn't.

I think Mingo has been replaced by just about everybody except the owner. :laughing:

What would make you think what you found was replaced by him? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but since the original first went missing about 4 years ago or so, I don't think we've seen anything but throwdowns.

As far as I know Mingo has been replaced by the co and is not a throwdown, at least the one I found 7 months ago wasn't.

I think Mingo has been replaced by just about everybody except the owner. :laughing:

What would make you think what you found was replaced by him? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but since the original first went missing about 4 years ago or so, I don't think we've seen anything but throwdowns.

Not many containers last 14 years in the weather so , for the most part , forget finding an original container.

If a cache is active and a container in place at GZ and its older than all the others I'd say its the oldest cache.

I think if you check the various data base geocaching websites Mingo will be listed as the oldest.

IMHO I've always felt the original cache in Oregon was the oldest but that's just me.

Not many containers last 14 years in the weather so , for the most part , forget finding an original container.

If a cache is active and a container in place at GZ and its older than all the others I'd say its the oldest cache.

I think if you check the various data base geocaching websites Mingo will be listed as the oldest.

IMHO I've always felt the original cache in Oregon was the oldest but that's just me.

Don't worry, I wasn't making a militant anti throwdown statement or anything. :P Mingo is the oldest active listing, and therefore the oldest active cache, as the thread title suggests. I can't see it ever NOT being the oldest active cache, because someone is always going to replace it.

Its not quite a throwdown if the owner knows about it and thanks the person who did it. I suppose that he should personally autograph the container to make it more legitimate? :P

This post wasn't there when I started typing my last post, so I suppose I'll have to reply again. Yes, the very first time Mingo went missing, the owner knew about it, and thanked the person.

Its not quite a throwdown if the owner knows about it and thanks the person who did it. I suppose that he should personally autograph the container to make it more legitimate? :P

This post wasn't there when I started typing my last post, so I suppose I'll have to reply again. Yes, the very first time Mingo went missing, the owner knew about it, and thanked the person.

It wasn't missing, but vandalized quite a few times in 4 month intervals. Once a replacement appeared that wasn't buried, it was left alone. I think that characterizing it as a throwdown is only rewarding the excessive maggotry of the geocache gestapo.

It wasn't missing, but vandalized quite a few times in 4 month intervals. Once a replacement appeared that wasn't buried, it was left alone. I think that characterizing it as a throwdown is only rewarding the excessive maggotry of the geocache gestapo.

You're not going to make me scroll through all those logs, are you? :laughing: I am pretty positive the ORIGINAL Mingo cache, as placed by KansasStasher in 2000, first went missing around 2011 or so, and he gladly accepted the so-called throwdown replacement. Then there was all kinds of other carp going on, with people filling the hole with concrete, and to the best of my knowledge, the cache has been replaced multiple times by people who are not KansasStasher.

Again, I'm not making militant anti throwdown statements here. But it ain't the original container, and best I know, KansasStasher is not personally responsible for any of the replacements.

You're not going to make me scroll through all those logs, are you? :laughing: I am pretty positive the ORIGINAL Mingo cache, as placed by KansasStasher in 2000, first went missing around 2011 or so, and he gladly accepted the so-called throwdown replacement. Then there was all kinds of other carp going on, with people filling the hole with concrete, and to the best of my knowledge, the cache has been replaced multiple times by people who are not KansasStasher.

Again, I'm not making militant anti throwdown statements here. But it ain't the original container, and best I know, KansasStasher is not personally responsible for any of the replacements.

You are correct. However it instantly stopped going missing when a replacement wasn't buried. A few people cried foul because the Kansas Stasher did not personally replace it, but he did authorize it. Finders can now picture his image in the skies amongst the lofty favorite points, smiling down at the replacement.

I got to within 160 meters of Mingo but unfortunately I was on a Greyhound from Maine to Vancouver and the driver refused to stop, even for a minute. I even tried to bride him. Luckily the bus had wifi so I reserved a car in Denver and when I got there I took a 24 hour layover and drove back to grab it, I mean how could I not? I also needed a shower so I grabbed a motel room nearby by, took a nap and a shower before heading back to Denver.

You are correct. However it instantly stopped going missing when a replacement wasn't buried. A few people cried foul because the Kansas Stasher did not personally replace it, but he did authorize it. Finders can now picture his image in the skies amongst the lofty favorite points, smiling down at the replacement.

The mingo I found was in the original hole.

I got to within 160 meters of Mingo but unfortunately I was on a Greyhound from Maine to Vancouver and the driver refused to stop, even for a minute. I even tried to bride him. Luckily the bus had wifi so I reserved a car in Denver and when I got there I took a 24 hour layover and drove back to grab it, I mean how could I not? I also needed a shower so I grabbed a motel room nearby by, took a nap and a shower before heading back to Denver.

I'm surprised that didn't work! ;)