The DNF Pride Thread

We tried to find a cache in Copenhagen, a 1/1. We posted three DNFs on it while everyone left and right of us was logging it. We simply didn't find it, nor did we find any suitable hiding places around GZ. Finally, on the fourth attempt we saw it and wondered why we had such problems previously. :unsure:

And a little blush: DNFed a cache out in the desert. Title: Oh Christmas Tree. We looked everywhere underneath that tree and finally posted a DNF. :anicute: The poor CO went out and found the cache exactly where she left it :yikes:

And a little blush: DNFed a cache out in the desert. Title: Oh Christmas Tree. We looked everywhere underneath that tree and finally posted a DNF. :anicute: The poor CO went out and found the cache exactly where she left it :yikes:

Been there, done that. :lol:

This is precisely why, as a cache owner, I will not go out and check after a single DNF, even if they're sure.

My most memorable DNF log

Didn't find it 06/11/2011

We got up this morning and decided to give this one a try. Loaded up the jeep and headed out to the park, paid our $8.00, found the only spot left in the parking lot. Opened the back of the Jeep put on my dive booties, and then I realized that I forgot my fins on the table back home. That should have been my clue to try another day, but I paid to get in the park and I was determined to give it a go. So I just grabbed my mask and snorkel and off we went. With no fins and lots of currents, there was no way I was free diving to the bottom, (probably didn't help my dive booties trying to help me float) So back to the Jeep we went to get the dive gear. My tank only had about 2200psi and it has been a long time since I have been in the water, The line to my dive flag was shorter than I remember it being and I don't think it was quite 35 feet long but I couldn't really tell you if I even made it to 35 feet because the batteries in my computer died on me. I did go as deep as the line on my dive flag would let me while holding one arm closer to the surface to get down just a little bit deeper and then just a tad bit more as I could feel the resistance to to the flag float. Guess I pulled the flag down a bit to much though since the flag floated off the pole and as far as I know is heading out to the gulf now. When I got down to around 750psi I decided that it was time to give up for the day and headed back to the jeep. So I didn't get to look as long as I would have hoped. As I was putting away my gear I noticed one more gremlin had struck today, the seal to my dive light decided it was time to go and flooded my light and the pressure of being under water blew up the batteries too.

It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can give it another try. Both of my tanks are way over due inspections so looks like I am going to have to take them in for hydro's and their visual before I will be able to get them refilled. Other than that I did really enjoy the chance to get back under the water, hopefully this will be the year that I actually get together with my dive buddies and have a little fun out in the gulf.